Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Another lovely Ry ism and Happy Solstice

Ida Outwaithe titled The Snail
You know today is Solstice. At our house we celebrate the fairy realm with sitting and watching for sightings, fairy cake and cookies in the dark and leaving presents for the fae to let them know that we love them. We decorate our fairy garden side yard and have giddy tickles in our tummies from the excitement.....

Okay so now that they are older it's a show for me and I'm the one with the giddy nonsense except........maybe.......I'm wrong. The grands got up this morning with all kinds of questions about what we will do to get ready for tonight and what will they make for the fae and what kind of thimble cookies will be make after they get home from program.......I'm swooning with excitement.

And

This is the cute Ry ism. We are celebrating Van Horn Texas cancelling Donkey Roping. It means a lot to Ry. He cried when he heard that other donkeys, like his beloved Patty Pat at Morning Bray Farm were going to get to be loved and not hurt. All this comes from his sensitivity and sympathy that runs so deep in his sweet little Aspergian heart. So MBF has had Patrick (Patty Pat) wearing this poster board signs during our protest to the donkey roping. And today the sign says Thank you Van Horn Texas. As it should, because that town did the right thing.

But last night as we were messing outside, Ry says to me..."Oma, when did Patrick learn to write? Did Don teach him how?" If it is possible to fall even more in love with another human being, it happened right then for me. Ry believes in fairies and why shouldn't  donkeys be able to write notes and wear them? I explained that Justina or Don probably wrote those signs but wasn't it wonderful that a donkey who was so afraid of everything because of his abuse wasn't afraid to wear signs? Ry said he guessed it was but he sure wish Patty Pat knew how to write cuz then they could be pen pals.

Oh I thought I had quit crying about donkeys and kids but the tears just keep on coming. Only these are the joyful kind.

Happy Solstice Lovelies, XOXO Oma Linda

11 comments:

  1. I love the way Ry's mind works. And yay for the power of the people!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so wonderful to hear that the Donkey Roping Event was cancelled! Protests do work!

    Well, in Pinnochio donkeys were able to do a lot of things .... especially get into a bit of mischief! So, I'm sure with all the fairies in your area, I'll just bet they taught Patrick how to write!

    Big hugs for Ry! 8D

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the best Summer Solstice present ever! I'm doing a happy dance while grinning like a loon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a precious sweet boy that Ry is! Happy Summer Solstice to you and all your family!! I hope some magic finds its way into your home tonight.
    ♥ audrey

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful news that the event was cancelled! A tremendous victory for you, the kids and everyone else, including the donkeys of course!

    Solstice blessings to you and your fae-loving bunch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Since i'm an oversensitive nutty head, you gonna guess that i'm crying now with you :") Panpals...how supercute! sigh... Give Ry a big hug from auntie Donna ok?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous Ry-ism, shame they can't be pen pals really, the correspondence would be fascinating!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my word. That is the sweetest thing I've ever heard. Have got to figure out a good time to get you and the grands to the 7MSN. Isn't it about time we finally met in person?

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG!! I had not read that horrific event was cancelled. This is amazing and fantastic news. Thanks so much for making my morning so happy!!! I am jumping up and down and wanting to give you huge hugs and high fives and whooping shouts!!!
    Ry is a joy for sure. How perfect.
    Hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs, BB!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oma Linda, I am sorry for getting around to your blog late! I have the biggest smile on my face! And, I am dancing while I am typing! I am sooooooooooooo happy!!! Yeh!!! The Donkey Roping is cancelled! I am going to have a drink after this, to celebrate ;o) Give Ry a hug from me! Happy Solstice my friend ;o) Many Blessings ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oma Linda, I am sorry for getting around to your blog late! I have the biggest smile on my face! And, I am dancing while I am typing! I am sooooooooooooo happy!!! Yeh!!! The Donkey Roping is cancelled! I am going to have a drink after this, to celebrate ;o) Give Ry a hug from me! Happy Solstice my friend ;o) Many Blessings ;o)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you. Thanks for taking the time to comment.