Tuesday, July 10, 2012

And so the countdown to Return to Oz begins.....

I don't want to do what I did last year and count down incorrectly. I was so excited I didn't quite count the days down as a normal person would.

I love what I have been hearing from some of you.....let's see a series of paintings, an art doll, some really fabulous stories....and so it goes. I'm so thrilled to have you all participating. And I'm hoping we will have more sign up before we begin on the 19th of July.

Here is the first giveaway for this blogs entry in Celebrate Oz. It is an upcycled working clock. The fabric is Wizard of Oz and I think it came out kinda nice.

As a matter of fact, because I make and do most of the time.....my grands were sure this clock was for them. When I told Ry, no, it was for Celebrate Oz, he asked if he can enter to win. I had to explain that if you are a member of the Casa de Cuckoo household you can't enter to win. And his comment was "Dude"!!! (Summer program speech patterns) With a very big hurumph to his voice.

There will also be two "boobie" prizes. So there will be three winners on Olde Baggs 'n Stuft Shirts. Scrabble tile necklaces with scenes from the Wizard of Oz.


I'll post tomorrow to count us down as well with photos of the green team girls and the pink team girls.........smooches and squoozes, Oma Linda


9 comments:

  1. I love your upcycled Oz clock! So very, very clever! And your Oz tile necklaces are delightful! They are boobie prizes? Well then, call me a "Boobie"! LOL!

    Hey, if someone else wins the clock can they give it to Ry as a gift? (Hey Ry, I'm Oma Karen ... if I win the clock I'm gonna give it to you! Wish me luck Ry!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so amazing and creative! The clock is squeeeee-worthy!! Love the necklaces, too. Hoping the countdown goes smoothly, with no mixed up numbers!!! It's exciting that Celebrate Oz is almost here! Hugs, and take a breath, too. Ry is funny, "dude", that cracks me up!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your crafts are gorgeous as usual!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Ry, if I win the clock I'm giving it to you. Let's keep our fingers crossed, Dude.
    Oma Linda these are great prizes and I'm thinking I'm going to have a giveaway prize on my party post too. The party date is drawing nearer. Isn't this exciting???

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just found your blog..It's great..Love the clock..I'll be a regular visitor...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay, How do I enter to win? Always like your Oz stuff...Also, looking forward to the baby onions...are they still babies? And Black Magic Hollyhocks...YeeeHaaa...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dude!!! LOL! Actually, Oma Linda, I am behind in everything, but I was running around crazy today, because I thought tomorrow was the 19th! Mom was like, no Stacy! LOL! Now, I can breathe a little ;o) Love the clock! You are a crafty young lady!!! And, the booby prizes are adorable!!! I hopefully will be posting something up for the party soon ;o) Hugs ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL! Love the summer slang.

    Oooohhh, you did a beautiful job on that clock. I am super wowed, and the tile necklaces are a wonderful idea.

    I am nearly ready for my part but I need to come up with a door prize and quickly!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you. Thanks for taking the time to comment.