Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Countdown to Celebrate Oz 2012

I'm getting pretty excited now. We have a week and a day until we will gather together and show how we love the Wizard of Oz.

I have collected WOZ items since I was a young one.

Watched the Wizard of Oz in all of it's reinventions, the Wiz, Muppets Wizard of Oz.

Gone to local presentations of WOZ.

I have read all the books that L. Frank Baum wrote as well as other authors who gave their spin on what the land of Oz would, could, or should be like.

That is what motivated me to have this fun adventure to begin with but last year I was charged to do this again because....my love of Oz is different than that of so many people I have met and are friends with because of our shared passion.


I am a doll collector and the little witch's that have been used to advertise Celebrate Oz are porcelain Marie Osmond baby witches. They to me are the sweetest of the dolls that represent The Wicked Witch and Glinda.

These are the Madame Alexander Cloth doll green and pink team leaders and are some of my favorites as well.

If you have any doubts about coming and playing Celebrate Oz, please don't. We are going to enjoy each others company and the fun that this movie, book, stage play has brought into our world.

See you on the 19th with sparkles, glitter and magick.

6 comments:

  1. I'm looking forward to your Oz Celebration! I fell in love with the book "The Wizard of Oz" when I was in Grade 3 and our teacher read it to us, one chapter per day. That Christmas I begged Santa for my very own copy -- and got it! I read it myself many, many times. I never saw the movie until I was an adult. But now of course I love that too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at that! You now have 25 participants linked in! The party is growing ... oh boy will it ever be fun to see what every has to share in their blogs about celebrating Oz! This will certainly be a happy day!

    The dolls you have shared in the post are precious! I love each and every one of them! I'm a big doll lover too ... they are just so very appealing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your dolls Oma Linda! How special! This party is going to be fun! I have to admit, I am excited because of how excited you are! You bring magic to this blog party ;o) Hugs ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been reading a bunch of things and will watch the movie this weekend, too.

    Yay party!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your dolls are sweet, the Wicked Witch is especially terrific! Somedays those Oz songs just keep playing in my head. haha
    The movie is full of inspiration, the there was so much to enjoy. See you next week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE your dolls, Miss Oma Linda, and I adore you and your company, my sweet sage. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you. Thanks for taking the time to comment.