Monday, July 16, 2012

Countdown to Celebrate Oz and a change of perspective on Oz...........

After all the research I did last year to get ready for the first annual Celebrate Oz event, I thought I knew almost all I needed to know. But this weekend I took the opportunity to read some other articles, and writers perspective on the Oz phenomenon. And now I am spinning with new ideas.
both of these signs are from 2chicksandabasket on Etsy
There are so many different websites that are devoted to Oz and all of the characters of the movies as well as a more limited but still a few which are decicated to the books. And then there are the contemporary writers of Oz fiction. Just do a search on your computer and you will be amazed.

It is an Oz filled world out there if you just take the time to look, search, Pinterest etc.

We are almost there....this Thursday is Return to Celebrate Oz and I am thrilled by the number of last years participants returning and equally thrilled by the number of new Oz crazy folks join in.

Still trying to figure out how I can work my love of donkeys, polka dots and grandchildren into Oz for next year. I mean it is never too soon to start planning right?????? said the crazy lady.

Don't forget if you aren't signed in on the Simply Linky thing on the top right of my blog.....we sadly won't know you are participating on the day of Celebrate Oz.

8 comments:

  1. I love those two signs, especially the Toto one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the signs! My doll is ready! Now hurry up and make some pics ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The countdown is on!!!! And I am ready, willing and able!

    Oh, BTW, Stacy is bringing hots dogs, Shelle is bringing Bubbly, and I'm bringing along chips & dip, and homemade chili!

    Happy day Oma Linda!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the vivid imaginations as Dorothy continues her journey. You rock lady! Peace, Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know!!! And isn't it wonderful? This year, I'm focusing on graphic novels. I've found so many interpretations (even some x-rated ones *yikes*) It is just extremely interesting to see where Dorothy and her friends have gone...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those signs are so cute! Love them! You crazy lady???? Never!!! ;o) I see Karen Anne told you what we are all bringing ;o) It's going to be a blast! ;o) Hugs ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Linda
    Im so excited for it to be Thursday!!
    At my blog im giving awy 3 Giclees of my

    Watercolor "Dorothys diologue"!
    HUGS,

    Mary
    Limelightartworks@blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you. Thanks for taking the time to comment.