Sunday, July 1, 2012

Forget Um's recipe

I probably should have included the recipe yesterday but.....uh I wasn't thinking about it.
It's funny, I never thought they looked like melted plastic until Ellen said that. Hmmmmmm, they look like melted plastic before you bake um and forget um

They are just simple meringues.

2 egg whites
3/4 c of granulated sugar (I like superfine sugar myself)
optional additions: 6 ox of chocolate chips, M&M's or whatever is your fave bit in cookies and/or 1 c of chopped nuts also your choice

Combine sugar and egg whites, beat until very stiff (holds a peak).
Fold in your additions or leave them plain.
Line cookie sheet with parchment paper.
Drop goo by the spoonful onto parchment.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees, when it reaches temp, turn off oven and put in the cookies and leave them for 8 hours. This can be an overnight cookie.
Store in an air tight container. Yum.

8 comments:

  1. I love meringues!! I made them many years ago and haven't made any since. Hey, lady, isn't too hot to even turn on your on??? If I turn mine on, the temps in my house go from a pleasant (insert sarcasm here) 78 degrees to 82!! Ya know Satan called and he wants "Hell" back!! LOL

    Anyway, your sweets look divine...must try them again when Hell returns to it's rightful owner!!

    Loves ya,
    G

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just read your blog from yesterday...hey lady, you weren't kidding when you said you made cookies on the dashboard!! LOLOLOLOLOL I was kidding about the omelet!!!

    xxxxooo,
    G

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why not make a batch of these and put them out on the porch? They should cook just as well there as they did in the car without all of the nastiness. I remember making some of these years ago but couldn't remember what they were called so I couldn't look for the recipe. Thanks. Hugs and smooches

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember these cookies but did not have the recipes nor the name...thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now that looks like something I can do. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mmmmmm, meringues. And you can eat the whole pan cause they are mostly air, right? This is what I tell myself. If I'm not right feel free not to enlighten me :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yummy! Mom and I will give them a try ;o) Big Hugs ;o)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you. Thanks for taking the time to comment.