Saturday, August 11, 2012

Wow, it's been awhile since I thanked my lovelies for the love.......

There has been so much going on here at Casa de Cuckoo. I will be relieved when all of my cuckettes are all line up with bright shiney faces in all the right places....I am anxious for school to start. I am also looking forward to my favorite time of year....it's coming soon. Already, you can sense a change in the plants, not the color change but the production of seeds etc. I can hardly wait.

Anyway, back to the Thank you's that I have been neglectful in saying.

Thank you to Ms. Maddy from Santa and the Mrs. Maddy is such a gracious and generous lady and has a thing for my GK. Me too. Anyway after we had Celebrated Oz, Maddy sent her wonderful Dorothy doll to GK. Needless to say, we were all thrilled to have such a fabulous piece of art to showcase in GK's room. And not to leave the Ryster out of the giving, she sent origami papers and instructions. The three of us did our best on the animals from the book and had a blast doing so.



Also because of Celebrate Oz, my new friend and a goodie to boot, Karen Anne of IrelandBrady gifted me with the set of Oz characters that she created especially for Celebrate Oz. She has also gifted the grands with lovely coloring pages. These turtles were part of my purchase from her Etsy shop and the boy and girl were also for GK and Ry. Thank you for your love, Ms. Karen Anne.



And one more from Celebrate Oz (it's beginning to look like the fix was in but honest, it wasn't). My precious Stacy from MagicLoveCrow announced I was the winner of her Ms. Gulch painting. I squealed with delight. And when I opened my package, well I squealed again because she included "The Fortuneteller" which I am every Halloween in my front patio. These are both perfect and so are you Stacy. XOXO

Then I got this vague message to send my addy to Katy from the Littlest Thistle in Scotland. And don't ask any questions. Sounded mysterious, so I did as I was told and voila......the cutest farm country donkey print cotton material ever. I am in the process of finishing my reversible tote bag that I made myself from the fabric. Someone else in the household wanted one but ....... I'm a selfish shellfish and kept it all for moi. Thanks Katy, the fabric is wonderful and so are you.

Who knew 3 years ago when I started blogging that I would have as many overseas friends and share so much with them? I surely did not. My lovely friend, who we at the Casa call Auntie Donna from So Dark So Cute in the Netherlands has sent yet another surprise package for the Grands and I. GK got bracelets, I got a precious turtle and wonderful red bracelet and Ry got the Piratical goodness that you see. Donna also sent me a Showing card of a Haunted Castle event she will be featured in with her friend Jhsahnity.  Donna you are the bestest, thanks so much for your thoughtfulness and love.

If you Dare, But be warned,
Immortality comes at a price....
And last but not least is my friend Susan from Bird Gardener's Place of Earthly Spirituality sent a card with the sweetest bird in a nest. Susan has been diagnosed with Lyme Disease and all the other ugly things that come along with it. She and her son are really having a hard time right now just dealing with all the medicine. Susan has been so very helpful in my understanding of my own little Aspergian Ry. She and her son are both Aspergians as well and I have learned so very much from her. If you wouldn't mind, just drop by her blog and leave a comment of support. I know she would be thrilled, when she has enough energy to get back to her blog.

So there you have my haul. I'm so blessed by all of you, your friendships, your generosity and your love for me and for my family who just think that everyone has friends like you in the blogosphere. I don't think I have ever felt so loved in my life as I do by you my lovelies and my family. I'm in a very good place right now.

14 comments:

  1. Hi Oma Linda ;o) I went to Susan's blog and told her, I am sending big hugs and the brightest of blessings ;o)
    You really got a lot of treasures! WOW!!! You deserve them all! You and your family are sweethearts ;o) The aceo's look very happy in your home ;o) It's excellent to hear, that you are in a very good place right now ;o) Hugs ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woot, that was a most fantabulous haul there! Looking forward to seeing that tote :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You, my darling BB, are a sweet magnet...good things from good people just flow to you! Love all the gifties you have received!!! Very special indeed! Hugs, hugs, hugs!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You lucky, lucky lady! I just love that all of these wonderful people spread their love with you and those amazing grands. Warm hugs to all sweetie. Mina

    ReplyDelete
  5. You and Stacy got the bounties of all bounties. So much variety, colors, shapes and all coated with all kinds of love and fun. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The blogosphere can be a wonderful place indeed! What beautiful tokens of affection for you and the grands!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's like Christmas in August there at Casa de Cuckoo. Sometimes nice things do happen to nice people and it would appear that there are a lot of people who feel as I do about you all.
    Those Origami animals look alot like the ones we made here. Did anyone try folding the turtle?
    I can't wait to see the tote when it's finished. Enjoy the rest of your weekend. Smooches

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so happy you received such abundance. You give so much to others that the Universe wants to give you back treats and good friends. Very well deserved Oma!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes Linda, we all love you and you are worth ALL appreciation in the world!!!!!!
    I'm back from France, had a wonderful time there,
    now vacation is over and the school starts tomorrow.....
    Much love
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  10. yikes, I've been so out of the loop. I finally blogged today, after my blog page retuned and all seems well with blogger again, today anyway.

    What treasures and so happy to see all is well and all your duckies are once more in a row. Let me know what's been going on...drop me an email or call....would love to hear your lovely voice again!! LOL

    Take care and love to you all.

    G

    ReplyDelete
  11. What gorgeous, fascinating and varied goodies. There are so many talented, artistic and wonderful folks out there in blogland--it's nice to be reminded occasionally. Love the origami and all the goodies and the donkey print looks like it will make up a darling tote so I'm not surprised you're not sharing. I think you can be forgiven for that! Good morning hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow woman! You got quite a bag o' loot there! Sweeeeeeeeeeeet!

    As for back to school. I am sooooooooo ready for a schedule again. The lazy days of Summer that I languished in back in July ... I'm over that shit. I can smell the Autumn in the air and I'm holding my arms open for it and then my favorite season of Winter.

    ReplyDelete
  13. well, girl, you must have done something right and that's just all there is to it.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you. Thanks for taking the time to comment.