Thursday, October 4, 2012

October 4 and a happy surprise

It's not about the gifts we receive in life, it's about the givers in our lives. More to the point is the exchange of love between people.

I am glad that I am always capable of being caught off guard. I am so blessed to have people in my life who constantly teach me new lessons daily.
This was the card sent to us, don't ya just love the happy donkey with flowers. Wonder if after the photo shoot the flowers were the treat????????
Audrey and I have known of and about each other now for 3 years. She is a dear lady, good friend to so many and a teacher of how to have grace under difficult circumstances. While she and I don't communicate on an everyday basis......somehow we always are there for one another.

Yesterday, I received a surprise package filled with love from Audrey.....in the form of a new "herd of donkeys" for the grands and me.

 

We are so fortunate to know Audrey and to be blessed by this new herd. Thank you and we will certainly give them a good home here with the Cuckoos. Audrey, at a time when you are in the middle of a family stress time, you reached out to the Cuckoos, you are so special.



These are pictures of the donkeys that Shel and the grands have found in their travels. Someday I'll post our entire faux herd and you'll have yet another reason to know we are The Cuckoos.


Yesterday I gave you donkey ears.....today donkey butt. tee hee

10 comments:

  1. Now that's what I call a delightful gift package. We all know your love of Donkeykind and with so many delightful little donkey figures and that adorable card there had to have been some smiles on the faces of all of my favorite cuckoos. S&S

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful suprise package. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lucky you to get donkeys in the mail. Since there are already bats in the belfry there at Casa de Cuckoo this is an appropriate gift!! LOL!! Hugs and Donkey Kisses, BB!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are truly blessed...a friend indeed with a love for happy happy happy donkeys! Peace, Mary Helen

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so happy that the donkeys found their way to your home and if they brought big smiles to Ry and GK's faces... my mission was accomplished.

    Friends are not always able to communicate often... but minds can hold thoughts of them and hearts can hold love for them every day.

    Oh, and Linda, seeing this post about the donkey arrival made my heart swell. ♥

    audrey

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey lady, I'm here for a bit and wanted to check out what you've been up to. Thank God for FB, otherwise, I'd be so out of the loop. I too love Audrey...she's a gem!! One of these days, I'll tell you something funny about that wonderful lady...we need to chat soon.

    Have a wonderful weekend and love to all.

    xxoo,
    G

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh .... what a loving gift and a loving soul! You are blessed with many friends Oma Linda ...

    Thank you for sharing your ever growing donkey herd ... they are all delightful!

    Happy Day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that donkey butt! LOL! And, I love your precious gifts! So special! I can't wait to see more of your faux herd!! Hugs ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. How terribly sweet and thoughtful. I can think of no one who is more deserving. Thanks for the butt. ;-)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you. Thanks for taking the time to comment.