Tuesday, November 27, 2012

The Magic Show, the Grump that stole Thanksgiving and autumn spendor.....


Saturday night, the grands Shelley and SM and I attended the Hocus Pocus, third annual Magic Show here at the Kimo Theatre. It was a blast. The grands were the reason I bought the tickets to the show to begin with, but turns out, we adults enjoyed it equally as much. Here are some photos of of the Magicians that worked the lobby prior to the show. It was so much fun and a great way to celebrate our anniversary.


We lived through Thanksgiving. I was a grump and the fam gave me a wide berth but we all lived to tell the tale.

And here are some of the pretties that I made with the autumnal bounty the Judy Stern and April Ross sent to me. Thanks ladies. We will now decorate our outside front porch tree with the pine cones, magnolia pods, acorns and leaves as well as some foliage and fun gathered from the neighborhood trees. I love our natural tree and it is twice as blessed this year because I have lots of sista love on the tree as well.


We did get the lights up around the house, stocking hung on the gates and things are looking a little holidayish. This weekend will begin the fun for the grands.

Got my cards finished and in the mail. Only two more packages and I'm done. All the shopping for the grands and Shel and SM have been finished for a month and I'm a lucky ducky that kept my list to a minimum and got just what was on the list.

Gonna go to the twinkle light parade this weekend and see if I can find some Holiday spirit lying about. It should be fun. The Nob Hill area of Albuquerque is sorta chichi but also boho so there could be some possibilities. I want to go to my fav shop Masks y Mas and look at the Day of the Dead and Guadalupita items.

Now for the rest of December, I am going to concentrate on sewing for me. I also am taking a serger class so that I can figure out what to do with it besides stick two pieces of cloth together. And I'll be doing my mermaid a thon shortly.

It's hard being a half year off with creations. I'd love to make some cute things I've seen for winter but I need to be at least at the end of spring in my endeavors. Oh well.....splashing tails, shells and flotsom and jetsom here I come.

9 comments:

  1. wow, I'm impressed. I don't even know what the grands are getting for Christmas.

    Now you can just enjoy the holidays and have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you've got some fun activities coming up! Love those magic photos -- how'd they do that?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like the magic show was a blast!!! Good for you getting everything done! Relax! Put your feet up and sew ;o) Well, maybe put your feet up after you sew ;o) Big Hugs ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know that I would have loved the magic celebrations. Your natural decorations were spectacular...I love the beauty you have created. I love mermaids by the way :0)!!! Peace, Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart

    ReplyDelete
  5. Get outta here, you have finished your shopping--a month ago?!?!
    Good gawd, woman, you are making us look like lazybones!!
    Anyway, enjoy the serging!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the pic of Ry and GK, and the decorations are lovely--yay presents!

    So... your cards are in the mail? *sigh* I just started making mine. I'm late! I'm late! I'm late, I'm late, I'm late!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're no sista of mine!! You're organized and have a handle on things and you have your shopping and cards done! WAAAAAAA!!!! I've got nothing done! Nothing I tell ya! WAAAAAAAA!!!!!
    Now I feel a little tiny bit better but not much. Love you anyway. S&S

    ReplyDelete
  8. The magic show looks fun, and glad you all survived Thanksgiving! Have fun with your serger class :o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like you have eliminated most of the holiday stress and are on track to enjoying Christmas and its related festivities. Well done, Oma Linda!

    I, on the other hand, am more like Maddy Rose ... only have 2 gifts taken care of and at a total lose as to what to do for the rest of the family. Ah ... Plan B ... I'll let the hubby handle the gifts this year!

    Have a grand time in your serger classes ... gonna whip up a grand Christmas original for yourself? Hope so!

    Big hugs,
    Karen Anne

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you. Thanks for taking the time to comment.