Monday, January 21, 2013

So a retired "flying monkey" walks into a bar......

Well I got your attention with the title anyway.

 
So here I am a scant week and some from the announcement of Celebrate Oz 2013 and we have over 20 folks who are interested in being a part of the fun.

I am sending out an email today to the lovelies who have signed up and then I'll get in touch with the previous years attendees and see if they would like to play again. The reason for today's post is......if you have in another venue, ie, facebook or email or another blog told me you would like to be apart of aLtERd oZ and you don't see your name on the list.........comment here and I will make sure I get you on the list.

My darling Danni at Heartroot Studio (The Whimsical Cottage) came to my rescue and gave me the html to be able to do my  own listings since I had such a terrible time last year with the linkadoo folks. There was no way to edit information sent and so poor April (Angry Gnome) had to end up using Ye Olde Crones to show her wonderful entry. This year I hope to have those sorts of housekeeping (which I hate) things all in their places with bright shiney spaces.

 
speaking of housekeeping.....I am going through a cabinet (armoire) that has crafting idea pages, "gonna" do's, "wanta" do's and what the heck was I thinking things. It's been tiring but also kinda enjoyable seeing what I was into all those years ago. Wow, I really thought I was gonna be around forever. I'd need three lifetimes to get to some of those things. Macrame snowflakes, big ole hair ribbon do dads, and other 80's flashbacks. I did find a couple of things worth working on and now have a space to put all of my paper and lawdy knows I've got tons of that. It will be interesting to have all the paper, inks, embellishments etc all in one location. What a concept.

 
This I started as a change of pace from all of the ripping up of wool clothing and sweaters and felting I've been up to. No new donkeys to show but a ton load of differently colored shrunken bits of wonderful wooliness. I absolutely love felted wool. The Cuckoos are getting used to the smell of wet wool.....at first Ry thought I was washing the dog in the machine.....hehehehehe. This week is the do or die donkey pattern week. Wish me luck lovelies, I'm going in ready and raring to git er done. See even Bernard is telling Ellsworth I'm doing the donkey making thing........


I hope you all have a fabulous week and find joy, even in the hidden places, where we sometimes forget to look. Smooches and squoozes, Oma Linda

10 comments:

  1. I wish I could have been there with you....we would not get very much reorganization completed...but as an artist i would enjoy your wishes and dreams. I am looking forward to OZ...I still have some major work to complete before the exhibit's opening on Friday. Peace, Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wet wool and wet dog = one and the same, it's true!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK?? What about the retired flying monkey?

    I can't wait to see those donkeys. I know they're going to be wonderful and I'm going to want at least one. So,washing the dog in the machine?? Good one RY! The next time I get the chance to pick up some whole clothing at the thrift store I'm going to see if I can get my house to smell like a wet dog. :0} S&S

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Oma,

    Instead of artdustgallery.blogspot.com it should be fiberartistrpl.blogspot.com.
    Thanks.
    By the way I am an Oma too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww man, now I want to know the punchline! Looking forward to seeing the first donk off the production line!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looking forward to Oz! Have you considered utilizing a free Mr. Linky tool for your hop? You get thumbnails on your first linkin, and then line linkins on any more hops you host.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that cupboard!

    I think I left you a comment that I want to play, but now I wonder, did I? Oh, BB, the foibles of an old brain. Anyway, now that I am paying monthly for all my junk on the blog I can grab the button and put in smack dab in full view right there on the top of the blog. I am mulling over a few ideas for the altered Oz. Can't wait!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am still trying to decide what I am going to paint! I think I am thinking too much! LOL! Washing the dog in the machine! LOL! Too cute! I can't wait to see all the great creations! Good luck! Your cabinet is beautiful!! Big Hugs ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't see me on the list.

    Magician of Oz

    http://magicianofoz.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. If anyone can do the incredible donkey pattern, it is you my sweet Oma Linda.

    At least you have an armoire to store your doo dads. I have an entire room in disarray. I have made so many attempts to clean and organize it that I have realized it needs saved for retirement. My retirement scroll of to-do's may leave me running back to work. ;-)

    And that Danni is such a sweetie pie. Isn't it great to have such wonderful blog friends? Just like you. xoxo Mina

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you. Thanks for taking the time to comment.