Saturday, February 23, 2013

Celebrate Oz update............

I am so very pleased to announce that part of my hair brained schemes for Celebrate Oz - aLterEd oZ 2013 are coming to fruition.

The lovely couple at Lavender Dreams Farm are on board for the Celebrate Oz - aLtEReD oZ 2013 crazy wagon. This folks, currently have 9 donkeys in their rescue as well as other critters. They will be hosting an auction to raise funds for their farm and the wonderful work they do there on the day of Celebrate Oz which is March 15. The auction will be for an altered piece I have been working on for my contribution to Celebrate Oz. I have combined my love of donkey (oh what a surprise) and Wizard of Oz.....that combo is The Land of dOnkZ. Justina and Don at MBF and Linda at 7MSN gave me permission to take photos of their wonderful herds and use them as part of the altered art.

I have learned so many new techniques, new computer altering of photos and have glue and wonderment everywhere. I am finally back in the saddle when it comes to my roots as an artist. And I'm having a ball. Cut, fold, paste, with a side order of inside, outside, upside down.

On March 8, Ms. Marci from Lavender Dreams Farm will be a guest blogger here and will tell you about their farm, their work and perhaps even introduce you to some of the donkeys who are fortunate enough to live at LDF.

I hope that you are excited about all the fun we are going to have as I am. Well, back to the fun that awaits all covered with glue, glitter and joy.

Smooches and Squoozes, Oma Linda

PS if you haven't signed up for the Wizard of Oz inspired event here is the link to do so. And don't forget.....if you have signed up and someone else uses your name when they sign up, you get 5 extra chances to win......well it's another altered piece I'm working on.

12 comments:

  1. Oh this sounds like fun! Can't wiat for the guest post. I really need to get to work on my altered piece. I know what I am doing but everything is just sitting...

    Hugs
    Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that sounds really cool! I look forward to seeing your altered donkey/oz art piece.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very interesting...I shall return.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oma Linda, this sounds excellent!!! So much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. YEEHAA!!!
    Sounds...
    well...
    TOTALLY...
    aLtEReD oZ!!!!
    You make me excited you little tease!

    ReplyDelete
  6. glitter and wonderment! love it!
    excited to see your altered work; and can't wait to read about the donkeys.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Things are getting exciting for this event. Glad I am already signed up. I am thinking hard about what to do.
    QMM

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Loca, I wish I could partake, but me's got too much on my non-creative plate right now!! OY!! However, I shall come by and check out da blog, auctions and enjoy reading your wisdom, whimsy and shear "locaness!!" LOL

    Sooo happy you're back in the saddle again...been a while, my friend. Need to check out what's been going on over in your part of the world, even if it's just 4 hours up the road from my part of the world!!

    Loves ya,
    G

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't wait to see what you're working on. I'm still in a fog but knowing me I'll find my way out eventually. I just hope it's in time to put together something for this shindig. S&S

    ReplyDelete
  10. Today is the 75th anniversary of the Wizard of Oz...they covered this celebration on CBS Sunday morning today. Have a blast and enjoy the yellow brick road! Peace, Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Linda, this is all remarkable news! What an honor to have your amazing altered creation auctioned and such a splendid reason for the funds. You have such a wonderful support section in your area and it just brings me happiness all the way over here in TN. Can't wait for the party day! Love you sista.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you. Thanks for taking the time to comment.