Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Happy our day, my daughter............

 
When Shelley was a little girl, I told her that some day when she was a grown up lady and had a family of her own, I wouldn't mind if she never celebrated any holidays with me, so long as she always came back home and celebrated her birthday. I meant it.

The most special day ever is the day I gave birth to my darling daughter. It was just Shelley and me. I was in a hospital on an Army base and the nurses had wheeled me out into the corridor and then left to help another lady have her baby......in the meantime, push, push and Ms. Michelly and I were in the hallway together when they came back to take me to the labor room.

The song you and me against the world has always been our theme song.

Happy Birthday my Michelle.

15 comments:

  1. oh, Linda, you brought a tear to me... Hope you and Shelly have a wonderful day... what a precious story and such a bond. I too was in a hospital alone with Krystle when I gave birth.. I loved the 3 days we spent together alone because the snow was too high for visitors... It was bliss

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was such a beautiful post. Happy Birthday to you and your daughter. I have 4 and each of their stories are precious to me. Blessings
    QMM

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful story and memory. Happy Birthday, Shelley, and Happy Birth Day, Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aaaaah, so beautiful ... Happy Our Day to both of you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday Shelley! And happy *birth* day Ms Linda!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mothers and daughters! That very special bond.
    You gave birth in the hallway by yourself???!! that blows my mind.
    Hugs to you sweetest BB. Hugs to Shelley. Happy Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just gorgeous, love the bond, love that you celebrate the day together, happy 'birth'day to you both xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Belated Happy Birthday to Shelley. What a sweet story and what a blessing that bond is. Hope you had a great celebration.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy birthday Shelley, hope your day was as special as your are.

    What a lovely story Linda. It must have been a surprise for the nurse when she came to check on you. :0)
    S&S

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a beautiful story Oma Linda! I am sorry, I'm a day late! A big warm birthday hug to Shelley ;o) And, a big warm hug to you too ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a happy memory and affirmation...mother and daughter united forever! Happy Birthday Michelle! Peace, Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Birthday to Shelley, enjoy your special day....happy birth day to you Linda....love how special you both are to one another. c

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Birthday Shelley, you two are a great team<3
    XX
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy belated birthday to your courageous and beautiful Shelley. May all things that light her heart enter in the coming years. Mina

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you. Thanks for taking the time to comment.