Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Next week is filled with celebration goodness.....

Did you realize that Sunday and Monday of the coming week is Chinese New Year....it is the year of the Snake. We don't have any snakes at Casa de Cuckoo, we used to but we got all Saint Patrick on his ass and chased him outta here. There are only Rat, Monkey, Boar, Ox and Dragon at our house.

 
And Tuesday of course is Fat Tuesday, Mardi Gras, Carnivale. We went to New Orleans after Mardi Gras one year. I always said I regretted not having been there during the insanity of the last week before Mardi Gras.....but since then I have an idea, even a few years ago, I wouldn't have handled all the "fun" as well as I thought I could have.

 
And Thursday is Valentoonie Day.....according to Ms. GK, the dumbest holiday in the recorded history of humankind. She's such a smart girl.....I know, that's redundant but hey.

So if I were going to decorate this year......which I did not because I was having way too much fun gleening and sewing......I would have a tree with snakes, hearts and gold, purple and green beads. Probably just as well that I don't have particular tree up huh?

 
So as the most excellent Bill and Ted would say or will say depending......"party on dudes" and enjoy your wonton Kings Cake with cinnamon red hots topping.

Smooches and Squoozes, Oma Linda

12 comments:

  1. It sounds partying would be fun in your neck of the woods. Good for February for considering how otherwise dull this time of the year is. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not fond of snakes, but I do love me some cakes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha you do love an excuse to party. Hope you post your decoration pics.
    Just a little ole Rabbit here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Bill and Ted!!! They are so cool! Party on Dudes ;o) Big Hugs Oma Linda ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Never mind the tree, I'm glad I'm not eating that particular concoction either ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is quite the festive month! Don't forget about how Imbolc brought it in : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. You know, I've eaten snake before. It's quite good, though not a lot of meat. More of a soup stock kinda thing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have never been there but someday I do hope to attend Mardi Gras festivities! Party on Dudes! Peace, Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm pretty sure GK shares a bit of my soul lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm with GK and her opinion of Valentines Day, it's the lamest holiday ever!! I can't seem to get the bear cubs to agree with me though because they love any holiday as it gives them a chance to decorate. The past few days they have been begging me to make heart shaped cookies and a big pink cake and to help them make cards for their friends. Party on!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you. Thanks for taking the time to comment.