Wednesday, March 6, 2013

All kinds of thoughts about Oz.....

First of all I would like to remind those of you who signed up to participate, that as of today....there is a week and a day to post your wonderfulness that you will add to the Celebrate Oz - aLterED oZ 2013 fun.

Next, I am finally finished with my third alter attempt.......no, I didn't like the first two and so that's the name of that tune. This one is a goodie and a keeper. I am satisfied with the results. Now all I have to do is take photos of the finished project.  It will be auctioned off at Lavender Dreams Farm and any monies raised will be used by the farm. They rescue all kinds of animals not just my beloved donkey. And this Friday, Marci from LDF will be my guest blogger. She has so many wonderful things to tell you (I peeked) and some great photos of she and her hubby sharing the love with the animals. If you love lavender as much as I do, you will want to check out the items in their store as well.

And next, there is one of my participants The Magician of Oz that has been blogging all this week about the upcoming Oz the Great and Powerful movie as well as many other productions of Oz. You might want to check out his blog. James C Wallace is a published writer of Ozian fiction and is really a talented and well versed keeper of the faith when it comes to all things Oz.

And finally are you going to see Oz, the Great and Powerful on it's opening day? I was going to but have changed my mind. I'm not up for push and shove, or elbow to adam's apple so Sweet Man and I will wait to see it when the crowds have thinned out some.

Okay so I am sitting and putting the finishing touches on my altered project thinking what else I have to get done so that you dear lovelies will enjoy Celebrate Oz and the process will be seamless.....no hiccups as they say, when I realized that I needed to do some tweeking on the list of participants.

Check, that is now done. No misspelled blog titles, all the links work, and I have the guest blog ready to post. But I feel like something is missing. Something still is nagging me and I have a feeling like I've forgotten something.....you know like at Thanksgiving when you realize after you've finished eating that you left one of the casseroles or pies in the oven? But maybe I'm just so excited I can't stand myself. Maybe but.................


Well it's off to the store to buy batteries for my camera so that I can take the shots of the altered project and then.....(like on the commercial for swiffer dusters when the lady gets through with the dusting of the bookshelf and says, "I'm gonna read one of these"), I'm going outside and bask in the sun.

Smooches and Squoozes, Oma Linda

Hey, I just remembered......I still have a new header for the blog to design.....I live in the land of manana...so tomorrow I'll do that. Appointment with the sun, still a go.

13 comments:

  1. I doubt I will see Oz on opening day, but it is on my list of to-see movies in the theatre.

    I was thinking of doing an Altered Oz story snippet - is that good? Or do I need an actual project?

    thriftshopcommando.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, do you know, I've just realised I have a project that might just work for Altered Oz, I'll see next week how close to 'done' I am...

    ReplyDelete
  3. You would have to remind me of the time crunch. I'm still having a mental meltdown trying to solve the hiccup with my project. I really do need to get smarter and a bit more talent wouldn't hurt either.
    I just paid James C. Wallace a visit and am now a follower. Thanks for the link. Talk to you this weekend. S&S

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am feeling relieved. I thought I only had until the 8th.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just checked out the crystals at Lavender...tweaked my interest.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm with you, Oma Linda -- I hate being in a cheek-by-jowl crowd at the movies. I often wait at least 3 weeks before going.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A week and a day??? I am excited, I am nervous, I am soooooooo behind. But I WILL be ready. LOL I can't wait to see everyone's party posts, and I really can't wait to see your altered masterpiece. Oz on, my sista!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oma Linda, just reading what you wrote,got me all excited! I can't wait to see what you doing, and all of the other goodies! So much fun ;o) I won't be seeing the movie opening week, too many people, pushing around. I agree with what you said ;o) Big Hugs and get those batteries ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Long long ago in a galaxy faraway, I stood in lines for HOURS to get in to the Star Wars movies.
    These days? Usually wait at least a couple of weeks, or if we miss it we Netflix it. I think though I would like to see this movie at the theaters.

    ReplyDelete
  10. ~me...terribly bad at waiting in lines...we wait long after till it comes out on a dvd...can't wait to see all the wonderful altered art in the days...much love light and blessings~

    ReplyDelete
  11. Has had my post ready for a month lol...and hubby took a photo to use as his screen saver :D Can't wait tot share :D XXX

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for the promo Linda! It means a great deal to me. I will be seeing Oz the Great and Powerful on Saturday as my wife wants to go as well and Friday is out for her. BTW, my Altered Oz project is done. Where to post photo and when???

    Per Ardua Ad Alta!!!

    James C. Wallace II
    Royal Liaison of Oz

    ReplyDelete
  13. Crap still 'thinking' of mine, but I do have it in my head, so almost there ;) Just back from helping my babe Memphis sort out her accommodation in BrisVegas (Brisbane) while she's at uni (takes LONGER than we thought to organise a working shower and get a tap on a kitchen sink) and this is the first time I have had internet connection for a week (back on the Sunshine Coast, & yes it's still raining), good news is I did a aceo giveaway for my 'Altered' post, the rest (?) well, like Dorothy I'm on the right path, just not quite there yet ;)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you. Thanks for taking the time to comment.