Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Donkey is the new black....

After all the excitement of Celebrate Oz and dust has settled.....literally here at Casa de Cuckoo. I've had a chance to take a breath and sit back and reflect on the wonderfulness of the past month.

I feel so privileged to be a part of a group of bloggie darlings that support one another and come together for fun and love. CO was fabulous even if I did have some silly moments. I feel a little guilty having won two of the giveaways....but not guilty enough to say nope. I won the beautiful cushion from Ms. Kim who borrowed Ye Olde Crones Gazette and I also won The Angry Gnomes, Witch hunter Toto.


I also received some Easter goodies and have had fun decorating for spring. (last post)

But I must tell you about the title. It's significant in two ways. First the Lavender Farms Rescue received a winning bid of over $300 for their rescue and even more in the donations from all of you my converted donkey lovers. So I was on a huge old high. I've sold lots of artwork in the past but never for more than $300.00 and I am thrilled that I could help in my small way to raise funds for the beautiful long ears of LVR and the other animals as well.

Then my long lost love child in Sweden (not really but it's my feeling about her), Ms. Becky from The Vintage Fairytales, did her magic photography thing. She has a friend Diane Foster from Tinkering by the Sea, who makes these incredible papier mache donkeys. They met each other, I think, at a Julie Arkell seminar in France. I am in love with the sweet little cutie pies with the long ears. But anyway back on subject. The Skating Monkey at Vintage Fairytales said that "Donkey is the new black" and since he is in the know with all things arty and fashion forward in Europe........I'm all in with this statement.

So now that CO is in the rear view mirror and I can focus on a new project, besides my writing and creating for Ms. Magaly's "Witches in fiction - to the bone" blog extravaganza starting April 1-13. I intend to get back to making my wool donkeys and sharing them with you. Could be that they will come in a rainbow of colors and be a little quirky (oh no surely not).

Thanks lovelies for making me a better me every time we get together, Smooches and Squoozes, Oma Linda

12 comments:

  1. I'm glad the LVR donkeys did so well out of your promotions! And "Donkey is the new black" eh? Tell that to Eddie Murphy! He'll like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful way to raise money for a good cause.

    Love your prizes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on being able to help out Lavender Farm Rescue with the generous donations. I'm glad you came away with good feelings for CO.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad your long eared darlings did so well.
    I love the idea of Donkey being the new black. That means their care will get the attention it deserve. People support what ever is fashionable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. $300.00 dollars! Yeppee! Doing the donkey dance ;o) LOL! I am so happy ;o) I can't wait to see your wool donkeys ;o) Thanks for being you ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lavendar Farm Refuge is a total miracle...I wish I could come over and scratch their soft fluffy ears. Happy Happy Easter to you and yours. Peace, Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart

    ReplyDelete
  7. Again I must say that I had a wonderful time with the Oz Blog hop. I am so excited to read about you selling your art for such a great cause and earning so much!

    You deserve to win both those prizes...you enjoy them.

    See you at Witches to the Bone!

    Hugs
    The Glitter Tart

    ReplyDelete
  8. $300.00!!! WOW!! That's wonderful! I'm having some difficulty expressing my excitement for what this means for all of the wonderful donkeys and for you. I'm also tickled to peices that you won two of the most fabulous prizes of the blog hop. I can't wait to see one of those felted donks. S&S

    ReplyDelete
  9. Quirky donks? No, that doesn't sound like you at all ;o) Congrats on the auctions!

    ReplyDelete
  10. "wool donkeys" that sounds extremely cozy ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh wow $300.00 that is just so brilliant! and I am looking forward to seeing the wool donkeys :)...your cushion is at last on its way across the Atlantic!! it will take a little while to get to you because being the organised person that I am I posted it just before a bank holiday!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG! What a wonderful result on your beautiful art and worth every dime!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you. Thanks for taking the time to comment.