Monday, March 18, 2013

Dorothy has gone to Paris.............

Last week was one of ups and some downs here at Casa de Cuckoo. The finishing touches for Celebrate Oz, the kids were on Spring Break and we had fun together and some people's children disappointed me. And normally I would only mention this to close friends in private but.........today when I went to a blog that I just love, Graphics Fairy, I saw that she was having a sharing day on her blog. The only rules to sharing was that at least one of the graphics from her sight be displayed in the posting. Seems fair to me. Well after the information on signing up and getting on with the sharing she also had a PS. "If you see that you post has been removed it was because you didn't use any of my graphics and that is what this sharing is about, silly." or something to that effect.

So for those who didn't bother to post an entry at all or contacted me after the posting time of Celebrate Oz, some of you days afterwards and asked if you could be part of the fun we had.........not this year, silly. I figure that if Karen can call someone silly for not following directions, then so can I.

I am thrilled that most of the participants in Celebrate Oz let it be known that they were committed to the event. I am blown away by the level of the posts showing all the love of Oz in all it's manifestations. I am humbled by your kindness and respect. So to those who did Oz proud, thank you over the rainbow and back. And to those silly ones....well, enough said.

Dorothy has gone to Paris is the work of my granddaughter, GK. She drew this picture after she saw how hurt I was by the number of no shows. I didn't expect her to try to make it better but goodness love her, she did. And in her push to change my aspect, she asked "what will the theme of next year's Celebrate Oz be Oma?" When I looked at her like she had stepped in it.......she smiled and said "too soon huh?" Cracked me up. Why was I worried about anything except enjoying the good parts and letting the rest take care of itself?

15 comments:

  1. On Friday, I visited every blog on your sidebar list of Celebrate Oz participants and I thought the number of "no-shows" was actually quite low! It's inevitable that SOMEONE will forget or have life interfere with their plans or something like that. I've seen some blog hop parties that have a TON of no-shows. But, having said that, you're absolutely right -- rules are rules. No-shows will just have to wait until next year's fabulous Oz party!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it was great! Please don't be too discouraged. I hope to be involved in future OZ events!

    ReplyDelete
  3. For my part, I thought it was a rather fabulous party! I think we all, and you our fearless leader, did Oz proud! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the idea of Dorothy running off to Paris! You always make me laugh sweet one and your little ones seem to carry their sense of Humor right along with you!! Peace, mary Helen Fernandez Stewart

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tell GK that she has made my day so much brighter with her great idea and drawing. I love that Dorothy is visiting Paris, another one of my favorite places. This girl has talent and a wonderful imagination. kudos GK!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you don't let the no shows corrupt the fun for you. Sounds as though the do shows made up for it. A deadline is a deadline and you did right to keep to it. Not as if there wasn't plenty of time to get ready for it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love, love, love GK's art of "Dorothy Visits Paris" ... it is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ha, love the Parisian Dorothy! Maybe if I start now I'll get something done for next year (before another ton of deadlines hit me) step for a hint? ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. HOW COULD ANYONE BE DOWN AFTER OUR SEEING GK'S DRAWING :)
    Whoops sorry for shouting, just realised my caps still on, but YAAHOOOO I had a great time travelling the Oz road & if some didn't make it (silly things happen) it's no reflection on the hostess with the mostest, must admit, I realised later I should have bought my "Pin the tail on the dOnkZ" as well as my kanga buddy ;) I was tiddly but the time I left - thanks Oma, totally bonza party!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oma Linda, I had a great time and I know the people that participated did too ;o) That's the main thing ;o) I love you GK ;o) She is a sweetheart! I am up for Dorothy going to Paris ;o) What do you think Oma Linda?? Big Hugs ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  11. It is so disappointing and frustrating when people say yes to something and then don't do it!!! BUT as a first timer on an event like this I have to say I had a wonderful time and am so happy and grateful that you arranged it all and that I was allowed to participate even though I am blogless :) :) ...So a HUGE thank you to you Oma Linda.....OH and I really do love Dorothy going to Paris!

    ReplyDelete
  12. OOOOUUUULALA!! I Love Dorothy and Toto in Paris!!! A Cheese shop, outdoor tables, fireworks in the sky, couples in love! I am heading for the Wine store.
    I was so very excited and looking forward to the Oz Celebration..I didn't even notice the No Shows. I was too happy with the Partiers!!! And like my husband says, "You Snooze, You Lose!" That's Life! But for those of us who were there, it was Magical!!! Thank-you so so much, Linda The Good!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Leave it to GK to take Dorothy to a wonderful and beautiful city. Tell her I love her art.

    Next year's theme for Oz? Hm... what about weddings? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I had a wonderful time...wish I hadn't been sick and had been more successful with my post. But I did get around to see everyones and left comments...alas since I was late I didn't get that many people coming to my post. My bad...

    I love your daughters vacation...I need one too!

    Looking forward to next years (assumptions sometimes get me in trouble) but I will be continuing to make Collage Sheets that are Oz themed throught the year.

    Thanks for hostessing!
    Hugs
    Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  15. OMG! I just love GK's drawing and her sense of humor is divine. Wonder where she gets it? lol

    Honey, I truly hope you don't let your no-shows get you down. Myself and so many others had a remarkable time and hope for more. All my love to you and your huge wonderful 2 legged and 4 legged family. Mina

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you. Thanks for taking the time to comment.