Monday, March 11, 2013

I was so surprised and excited.............

Now I know how it feels to win the lottery, have HGTV come and redo my kitchen or have the most terrific computer graphic artist friend surprise you with a whole new do for my blog.

Check out my very own, brand spanking new, only one up on the internet Celebrate Oz background and banner right here at Olde Baggs n Stuft Shirts!!!!!!!!!!! I am impressed. I am happy. I am going on, aren't I????????????????

Let me tell you the tale of the fairies and Sharon of Plumrose Lane making this olde broad cry and squeal.

Ms. Sharon has had a terrible time of it with the storage of her fabulous work. Photobucket decided to play ball a different way and she was left with customers like me waking up one morning and wondering what had happened to our blog backgrounds. Sharon was "johnny on the spot" to explain the difficulty and also to let her customers know that she was working on the problem and would be back to us ASAP. Well, she got all the backgrounds etc back up and stored somewhere else and got back to all her former customers with links and also offered to go in and put the backgrounds back up. I waited, thinking she was probably extra busy. I could do very well with a blank background for awhile. But late last week I got back in touch with Sharon and told her after Celebrate Oz was fine and yes I would rather she install it and so followed her easy to understand instructions and we were on.

Yesterday afternoon we swapped emails about the change over and last time I looked my blog's "Forgotten Journey" background was back up and I was well pleased. But just before bed, I decided to check to see if by some chance she had gotten the header replaced also.

Oh my stars.......there it was. The most thoughtful, amazing, fantabulous bit of computer magick I have ever seen. I yelled for the family to come and see my blog......now!!!!!!!!!! Needless to say they all hauled in expecting a calamity. Instead they found me dancing and crying. I cried at the generosity, my lovely daughter just kept saying "oh Mom, how amazing for you", Joe just beamed and GK inspected all the Ozness of it with a fine toothed comb and then she cried too. What a blessed, delightful surprise.

I have received a few surprises in my life, but none as precious as this. How thoughtful and kind. Ms. Sharon, I always have known you as a generous and lovely person, now I know that you are truly amazing and a true friend of the faery folk. You really made my heart sing. Thank you so very much.

20 comments:

  1. Wow, it's beautiful!!! I hope you keep it up after your Oz party. Sometimes the Universe sends us angels and the gifts they bring fill us with such magick and faith. Great job that Sharon did!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Linda, this is absolutely beautiful!!! I love every little teenie tiny pixel of it! The colors and the graphics and...Oh look, there's a flying monkey and the sign post over there..and just look at that header...I'm jumping up and down and squeeling and doing my happy dance for you. Sharon is a real darling isn't she! It looks like everything is ready for the celebration. Oh I do love everything about this new look!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is awesome as much as I dislike using that word!

    Truly a wonderfully amazing work of art.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow it is something. Beautiful, whimsical, love it. I am having ink troubles with my printer gonna have to work out something else for my altered entry. Gotta put my creativity to work.
    QMM

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH I have just managed to get onto your blog and look what I found!! it is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have at last managed to get onto you blog and look what I found!! it is just magical and amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is "Oz-some"! Am-oz-ing! Oz-tounding! Stupend-pz!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, Linda it looks great, congratulations!
    Much love
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dang!!! Linda this is awesome!! The header is so pretty. All the sparklies. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ah shucks ~ love yah sweet friend♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW!!! Your blog looks like a million bucks!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I gotta admit, this is one fantastic fabulous wonderful awesome gravity defying superb blog background!!!!!!! But then, your blog is worth it. Well done Sharon! Very well played.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sweet magic and I am so happy you have such tried and true friends. We all need someone to step up...when our life seems to fall apart. Have a great week. Peace, Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beeeeeeeeee-UUUUUUUUU-Tiful!!!!! WOw, love it and love it some more. Brilliant work!

    ReplyDelete
  15. OMG!!! Your page looks absolutely spectacular!!! Thought I'd missed the challenge lol :D You have been truly blessed. Much Kudos to Sharon :D XXX

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow!! Oma Linda!! What an amazing surprise!! Your blog looks fantastic! I love it! I'm jealous! LOL! I am so happy for you!! Big Hugs ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Aww, it's fab, lucky you! Per chance is there any way of lightening the text background though, I can't read it it's so dark (I have a colour balanced monitor) so I had to copy and paste out...

    Also, alas, the seam ripper and I got more up close and personal than I would have liked at the weekend, so no playing in Oz for me, sorry :o(

    ReplyDelete
  18. In all my readings of various Oz Books, I have discovered there are Many Ways to Get to Oz! I think your Sharon found her own way of getting us There!!!This is Fabulous!!! Let the Magic Continue!

    ReplyDelete
  19. HOLY OZ THIS IS AWESOME! Well done Sharon...
    and Linda, it's all the love & good karma you give to all & great to see it's boomeranging right back atcha!!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you. Thanks for taking the time to comment.