Tuesday, May 14, 2013

The Casa de Cuckoo philosopher does it again...............

My love for the inside, outside, upside down genius of Casa de Cuckoo, RyLeigh the wonder boy, increases exponentially. He is amazing, puzzling, and enlightening every day. How he is hard wired for funny is also thrown into the mix.

When SM was home last Friday, I got upset with the kids for running late and told Ry, you better hurry up or I'm gonna have to spank your buttcheeks (as if). It's a threat I have never had to use more than once to get him in gear but one I also will never act upon. As Pops took them to school, Ry with a very vexed look on his face, says to SM, "I need to talk to you about your wife." SM said it took all he had not to bust out laughing. And explained to Ry that he needed to listen and hurry when instructed and also that I was just using it as a motivator. Ry explained that he could be motivated in other ways like offering him cookies......yeah me too. (tell me that didn't make you giggle) But at least Ry feels okay to voice his opinion, right?
this work is by lisananni.net
He and I share a birthday as you know. He has a mind like a steel trap, albeit with some major holes in the logic and retention part, as you may or may not know. His autism allows him to know every tiny detail of something with which he is bonded  (Star Wars at the moment) but get lost in the day to day of taking medicine, brushing teeth, getting dressed. You know, the basics. He's a goose and it's a brand new day and that's just the way it is. We here at the Casa have compared it to the movie "50 first dates". Being an adult to this kid, you find yourself repeating some scenarios many, many times of a morning before school. And yet if you forget something (like reading 7MSN blog), why Ry is the first to remind you of your misstep. And no, he is not playing us....he is very typical, nontypical. He's a dry, non dryer. tee hee

Anyway, Mr. Ry paid me the highest compliment in the world on Saturday. Without seeing what the other is wearing, often on Saturdays we end up with the same color clothing. We end up being "twinks", look alikes. So when I came out on Saturday with a light blue t shirt and jeans and he had on a light blue t shirt and jean shorts, he says to me. "Oh look Oma, we did the twinks thing again". Aren't we a pair? Then he says, "we share our birthday, our fashion sense (way to much Project Runway for him) and isn't it great that we share our autism too?"

What a kid. He makes me cry with pride.

25 comments:

  1. Hello, my friend.
    I am just taking a quick moment this morning to send some long overdue thank you's. Your Mother's Day ecard was beautiful and SO thoughtful, Linda. Thank you. I get on the computer when I find a few minutes and need to do some catching up. It is a long drive to the Nursing Home every other day (mom is not in the one in our city I thought she would be in) and I am trying to keep up with everything else on the "home" days.
    Your RY stories always bring a smile to my face. Thank you for continuing to Blog. So many people are leaving the Blog world. Facebook is such a quick way to keep in contact, but Blogging has a heart of its own.
    Thank you, Linda, for keeping me in your thoughts.
    audrey xxoo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dearest Audrey: you always make my heart warm with your comments about our Ry. I know you send love to us at the Casa and we send it right back to you. I hope your Mom will continue to recover and that you will find the strength to be who you need to be to help her. You are such a dear lady. Love to you and yours, Oma Linda

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Yes he is, thanks. And they all are.....every kid on the spectrum has their own special place and that's what makes Autism so challenging for the kids, for the parents, for the teachers.....for the world. Each one is a gift. Ours is a corker to boot.

      Delete
  3. Ry does indeed sound like a great kid!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great kid and interesting human being......

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Yep, he has that same affect on me except if I got down on the ground I'd have to stay there......

      Delete
  5. That 1000 watt child just lights up my day. Tell him he's not the only one who can be motivated with cookies. :^)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the saying 1000 watt child. I shall convey your loving thoughts to him. Thanks for the phone visit today....love you SFAM

      Delete
  6. I am glad I don't have SM's control, I did the ole LOL at his desire to set SM's wife straight. Good thing I wasn't drinking anything.
    That is so cute that you are spontaneous twinks. Yes, be proud. He is a keeper.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I truly think that remark of his is his finest thus far. I love being his twink and sharing his Autism.

      Delete
  7. Oh my friend you two just make me smile ...sharing autism is a great way for him to feel about your special relationship and loving support of each other. Peace, Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's why it was so flattering.....sharing his autism is the ultimate for him. I'm a lucky Oma, that's for sure

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your Ry posts. I realize there are dark moments and angry moments but oh, when those Ry-isms pop out I giggle out loud.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know when I relay any of these Ry-isms, I ponder just how his "fanclub" will react to what you all are reading. When I read the posts to him and then we read the comments he gets all puffed up and struts around...I know it makes him more of a hambone but it also gives him the love and pride in himself that he craves. It's time to let him have it all in life.....and he loves being a featured character for all of you who are watching and reading his growing up....
      Cuckoo

      Delete
  10. I wish I could hug you both right now. Ry is a perfect little soul, and you (and everyone else) should be proud to share his autism ;-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. he so excited to be out of school soon and beginning the summer break

      Delete
  11. Oma Linda, I am laughing my head off right now! Ry is so adorable! I would be smiling all the time, if he was around me!! Big Hugs to you both ;o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is such a goodie. Makes us all happier with his funny comments and thoughts.

      Delete
  12. Oma, that sweet little dude is a treasure, AND hilarious, how nice to have family members that you adore and adore you :) you know I reckon Ry's reasoning for your amazing bond is a compliment of the highest kind, to share his autism ;) I knew there was some special connection there besides fashion sense and birthdays LOL! Just beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You make a lovely pair. You two lucked out, being gifted with one another.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my......Linda!
    You are so lucky to have this lovely little guy in your life!
    I'm just smiling:)
    Love you all, in Casa de Cuckoos!
    Love and hugs
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's Friday night and I just read your text about Ry for Melker my husband, and I want to say this again,
    I love you all!!!!
    You're an author Linda and I think you should write a book!
    Melker commented, imagine how it will be to meet them IRL,
    yeah....it will be epic:)
    Next year.....

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hey, I motivated myself with cookies just a minute ago. I love that you share the RY sayings and doings with us. That comment about "sharing our autism" just goes to show what a wonderful support system your family has provided. Besides, sooner or later we all come to understand that every single one of us is on that spectrum somewhere, so it is, indeed, something we share.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you. Thanks for taking the time to comment.