Wednesday, July 31, 2013

A visit from a friend..........

it was my pleasure to meet with my buddy from El Paso...should be New Mexico but is Texas, Georgina and her hubby Vern this last Sunday. They had taken a mini vacay to come up to the Spanish Market in Santa Fe. Georgie and I have been amigas now for a few years. We met on a paper mache site and hit it off. She has a quirky sense of humor and I was attracted to her insanity.....go figure. As a matter of fact that is why I left the paper mache site.....because the rest of them didn't have a sense of humor. Rather the opposite...we're talking serious artistas, no room for silly. Well that left both G and I out. Sure am glad we were class clowns together way back then. It was the start of a great friendship.

The Cuckoos went to breakfast to meet G and V. We had a really nice visit. Exchanged handmade goodies and chatted for longer than the restaurant would have liked. Big deal. G and I talked and Shelley and the kids chimed in from time to time. Vern is such a good sport. He just laughed and nodded and put up with the nonsense.



The San Pasqual plague that Georgie gave me is a beauty and will grace the wall of my kitchen with other's of his kind. I need all the help I can get in the kitchen and the patron saint of kitchens is the best Don't you love how she used the beer tops for the edging? I'm in love.

It was a lovely time and proved to be just the ticket to get our minds off of GK's kitty's hospitalization and crisis, if only for a short time.

I must apologize to my pay it forward partners....I just mailed out my makings on Tuesday. That is the same day I got the giveaway winners gifties in the mail as well.

Time has been gobbled up by tears and worries. We are in mid crisis with Cybella, GK's first furbaby. You can read more about that at Ye Olde Crone's Gazette today. She is still in the vet hospital for renal failure and we are very distracted at the moment. I hope you will excuse my absence while I muddle through this quagmire of emotional trauma with the grands.

Smooches and Squoozes, Oma Linda

7 comments:

  1. Got GK and the furbaby on my list of "musts" for the great One to listen to. I had a blast too, but then, can't ever remember when we didn't either through those early days of emailing and now phone calls and visits...hey, wonder what ever happened to that group?? Ok, here's 50 cents to call anyone who cares (usally said a bit more "common," but this is a G-rated blog, but ya know what I mean...wink, wink, nudge, nudge)!! LOL

    Back home again, blah...dealing with Senor Douche Bag and his nonsense and just the usual. I will talk to St. Jude about the furbaby and see what he can do for her...I have a great friendship going with him!! LOL

    Hang in there, my darlin's, and talk to you soon. My San Pasqual is in a most excellent home. Don't forget to send me that recipe we spoke of and I shall do the same at my end!!

    Loves ya,
    G

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, no!

    It is good to meet those who we have a special spiritual bond with, glad you had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "We met on a paper mache site and hit it off." That would make a great first line in a novel or short story! Sorry to hear about kitty's woes. Hugs to all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is time for quiet reflection.... and please take some time to heal...and I know when you come back...you will be able to find your sense of Grace. Imagine and Live in Peace, Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you got to meet up and take your minds off the worries for a while, hope Miss Cybella is feeling much better soon

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so glad you had such a great meet and greet with your talented friend considering what you are going through right now. Beer caps, how very clever.
    My heart and thoughts go out to GK and hope Miss Cybella pulls through just fine. Her being young should help.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Oma Linda ;o) I just got home last night! I have been away for a few days! What a beautiful time you had with your friend! I love what she made you! I am so sorry about Miss Cybella! Big Hugs ;o)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you. Thanks for taking the time to comment.