Tuesday, August 6, 2013

A little of this, a little of that and someone who could use your help...........

Thanks for all your comments about our welcome patio. I wanted to say, anytime you're in my neighborhood, come on by and we'll fix you something yummy and sit down and have a lovely chat.


This lovely creation, by Ms. Shelley, she is the reigning redesigner of bowling balls, sits on our back porch. But it is most certainly share worthy. I love how she took unused vintage cork lined bottle caps and multi colored glass blops and make the bowling ball look like it is bejeweled. I love it. It is right outside the sliding glass door and it makes me happy everytime I see it.

My dear sweet friend Ms. Danni from The Whimsical Cottage is one of my favorite friendies in the world. She always has such strong feelings for so many things in life and I stand in awe of her talent and love for others. She and Joe her husband are just good people and a fun couple. And besides she is now part of our Cuckoo family being Shelleys soul sister and one of the grands stauchest supporters.

So now it's my turn to return all the wonderful wonders she has bestowed on us in the form of love. Danni's sister in law Tara is only 30 years old and is in need of a lung transplant. Just typing that is so unreal, I can't imagine feeling that so close. Here is a link to Ms. Danni's post about Tara's ordeal and how we can help her, even if it is just a little help.

I know you have in the past followed my urging to help and trust that you will at least read and consider a donation to help Tara with the expense of her after transplant medical rehab.I hope you will be able to help.

I'm going to end this post with something special on the horizon. There is a certain tiny black furry critter who is at this moment being prepared to come and live here at Casa de Cuckoo. All of us are so very excited. Hope you will come back on Thursday so that we might introduce you to.........???

9 comments:

  1. Thank you so much, Oma, for helping to spread the word. And also for all the kind things you had to say about yours truly; it's been a very tough week and getting loved on by my cuckoo family has given me the warm fuzzies that I so needed.

    xox Love you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gotta love a good bejewelled bowling ball :oD I donated - my cousin had a heart/lung transplant that thankfully was entirely paid for with our free healthcare (well, we're taxed for it) I only hope I could help, I can't imagine the cost of all the things involved.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How nice to know there is life after the bowling alley. What a clever idea.
    Can't wait to see what is coming to visit that needs preparing.
    That is such a terrible thing about Tara. So young. I will check her site. You are a good friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do love this piece. If I ever find a bowling ball in a yard sale I may try this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. awesome artwork you have there!
    I'll go asap and check out the link.
    will be back Thursday to check out the fuzzball.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't believe that is a bowling ball! If I lived closer, I would pay Ms. Shelley to make me one! It makes me so happy too ;o)
    I am so sorry about Tara! Sending out big hugs to her! I will go to the blog right after writing this!
    I can't wait to see the newest furry ;o)
    xoxooxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Shelley's art, I wonder where she gets her creative gene from *cough, cough* I be it looks wonderful when the sun hits it...

    I read about Tara some time back, and have been cheering for her since. Such brightness and willpower. I'm enchanted by the way she's dealing with her situation, and there is something about her smile that makes me wish I had a lung to give her.

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the bowling ball. Don't have one but may find something else that I could use with the same idea. I will put your friend on my prayer list. That is the best I can do.
    QMM

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the up cycled art!

    I too love Danni and can't believe that someone so young as her sister-in-law should have to be faxed with this. From Danni's writings it seems to me as if this wan is an angel in Earth.

    Congratulations on the furry baby ❤. I'm just catching up with my blogs so I have a few more of your entries which I'm sure will let us know the status of the new arrival.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you. Thanks for taking the time to comment.