Saturday, August 17, 2013

Black Cat Appreciation Day......and just in time we got our Uma kitten

So glad that we have a black cat to celebrate....adore....because she is well deserving of the praise and adoration due her.



Her color is ever changing....she is still a black cat but she has a silver undercoat and is considered a "dilute black" cat. Two of her litter mates were silver striped, one was grey, and she and her sister were black. All the litter had amber colored eyes. She looks like a silver back gorilla from her chest to her buttocks, the rest is jet black. She even looks like she has a black strip down her back.....hmmmm reverse skunk? Nah just a beautiful black kitten transforming before our eyes.

I bought a kitten condo for the three cats to share. But like most toddlers she is a little selfish with it at this point. Climbs like a lumberjack and skitters and rolls around all over the whole unit. The other cats just sit and watch her....curiously.



sneaking up on her was the only way to get this series of photos
I have to say that I in all my years on this earth have never had an animal that was as soft, gentle and loving/wild crazy and the best entertainment on earth. Most of our cats have been very cat like and aloof....not Uma she is curled up on my lap as I type this and is so content......me too.

14 comments:

  1. Clearly, Uma is Queen of the Castle . . . I mean, Condo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the caption on that last pic should be 'What, this isn't all mine?!'

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is obviously a thief. She has stolen your heart. What a cutie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. She's beautiful. I love those eyes.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't think you snuck up on her..she looks quite aware of your approach :) I have found that there are cat-cats & people-cats. What a gorgeous doll-baby she is!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Uma is the Queen...I paid for the adoption fee today for the special Whiskers rescue....to find immediate homes for over 30 abandoned cats and kittens! Have a grat weekend! Peace, Mary Helen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you are enjoying your new kitty..My cats have always been friendly and in my face..Love it..

    ReplyDelete
  8. I do know how to spell great...I just cannot type worth a darn! I love Uma and her new play condo! Peace be with this joyful new friendship! Love once again, Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, Miss Linda, you have given me enough "AAAAWWWWWW" moments to ensure me a beautiful week. These images are so adorable and how wonderful that you posted black cat appreciation day. I am in love with your little Uma! All my love to you, Mina

    ReplyDelete
  10. She is so precious! I love her! I wish I lived closer! I could come and kitty baby sit ;o) I love the pictures! I can see you typing away, with Uma on your lap ;o) Big hugs and much love to everyone ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my gosh - she is perfection! Congratulations on the new family member!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love black animals. You kitty is too cute and I am so glad that you have found such a cuddly cat. I think she picked her person.
    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete
  13. she's adorable!
    we have one that we thought looks like a silver back too, her name is miss whatsit, cause we couldn't figure out what she looked like!
    glad she's a sweetie-cat!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cats scare the Hell out of me, but black cats have always held a special place in my heart. She is absolutely GORGEOUS and will bring you years of love!

    p.s. there's an award for you at my blog : )

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you. Thanks for taking the time to comment.