Tuesday, September 3, 2013

and they were gone...............

There was such a rush of activity this morning. Ry finishing homework that he "forgot" until this morning. He has been in school for a couple of week's but this is GK's first day of 8th grade.

The "girls" using the hair dryer and chattering. Bags packed and over flowing with school supplies being hoisted and hefted into larger containers, backpacks and bags. Kisses, well wishes, the door slammed behind them...............and they were gone.

It's not like the Cuckettes don't ever leave home enmass, it's that they will be gone all day that makes the house seem eerily quiet, serene and empty.

from Flickr via pintrest
I finished my chores, sat down to read my emails, and now..............whatever I want. Yep, just me and the 3 cats and Ellie Mae. We're gonna see what kinda trouble an Olde Broad and her crew of animals can cause.

Bye

12 comments:

  1. In case the trouble gets out of hand, I'll be standing by, ready to post bail to get you out of the slammer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yikes, and empty nest. Try to keep the mayhem down but enjoy your "me" time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy the calm before the hometime storm!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Olde Baggs 'n Stuft Shirts: and they were gone............... Wow, I reckon you and the pet cohorts will manage some of your own chaos, maybe a bit more 'controlled' chaos... This post reminds me of a time in my life when myself and numerous siblings were all racing out the door each morning for school, lunches, homework, search for socks... shoes lined up at the door (my grandma polished them all each night she stayed over) someone on 'look-out' to scream as the bus came over the hill and the flurry of action, noise, chaos followed by an eerie quiet... I remember mum saying she and grandma would sit and have a quiet cuppa and wait for the vibrations of the house to settle before they decided what had to be done that day. Maybe a cuppa could be in order(?) missed you Oma x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha ha, I have been away awhile - I just wrote a comment on your blog and it appeared as a post on mine, better brush up on this bloggy thingy, things move so quickly it's hard to keep up ;) Have a sunny one Oma!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm betting you found plenty to enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aah, did you notice the absolute quiet - did you enjoy a cuppa tea or coffee in sweet silence. My great nephew Kyle just started grade one this week and he looked so cute ready to hop on the school bus - Momma shed a tear that her little boy was growing to fast. Happens, though, eh :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my, peace and quiet and alone time. Heaven! Will be watching with bated breath to see what kind of trouble you get into on your own. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Have fun Oma Linda ;o) Big Hugs ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, my lovely wise one...I'm sure you and the fur babies will think of something to get into amidst the silence and solitude. Do I smell salsa and margaritas??? Love to you sweetie! Mina

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you. Thanks for taking the time to comment.