Thursday, October 31, 2013

A new year for those of us of the witchy persuasion......

And here are just a few of the wonders that have arrived to help the Cuckoos make a new wind altar.

Ms. Gail and her sister Marcy send a huge box of wonderfulness with shells, rocks, wood, feathers, and much, much more. The painting of the moon and the tree is a very special gift from Gail. Thanks ladies, we will begin this weekend.

Ms. Jan sent our newest black cat addition and the lovely bluebird feather that has been beaded. Norma sent my winnings from an Altered Witch Shoe event. Love the colors and papers. Ms. Deb sent juniper, pinecones and an apple tree leaf from Canada. Ms. Linda sent lemon, lime and a palm frond. Beverly and her granddaughter sent a box of wonderfulness that I showed in a previous post.

So needless to say, we are getting on with getting the new altar done, asap.

Thanks to the universe for bringing each of these "pieces" into place for us to us.

Here are the kids pumpkins safely displaced on the back porch. This is the first year ever that I didn't give out candy or dress up like a fortune teller to read cards and palms. It just didn't seem right this year.


I know that you will understand if I am absent from blogging for the next few days as we celebrate Dia de Los Muertos. Much to contemplate as we have loved ones who had gone over the rainbow bridge and have friends who have had loved ones depart this year.

A new beginning is the reward for an ending and we will be celebrating both.

Smooches and Squoozes,
Change is in the wind,
Oma Linda

12 comments:

  1. Happy Halloween & enjoy the goodness that that so many have shared... I don't think I would put anything on the front porch for a while without a security alarm x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blessings to you and your family!
    Looking forward to seeing the new work:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a new beginning to me with all those thoughtful gifts from just about everywhere. BOL in the building of your new wind alter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Be at peace during this Time Between Time! Hugs from Robin to all the Cuckoos!

    ReplyDelete
  5. May your new creation bring you much pleasure and many memories.

    ReplyDelete
  6. the thievery brought blessings so was it an evil deed? happy new year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I look forward to seeing pictures of the new altar. Take care and have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oma Linda ;o) Happy New Year ;o) I had such an amazing day yesterday! I went with my mom to my grandpa's grave and her best friend's grave. We both said a special blessing and left apples for them. This is the first time my mom has came with me and she thought it was very meaningful! I did a lot of dancing when I came home and mediated. I felt like there was electricity going through me! I can't explain it! I hope your hands and wrists are ok!! Thinking of you and the family! xoxoxox
    What special items you got for your altar! Wishing you all the best of the best! Big Hugs and much love, xooxoxoo

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderful Halloween celebration! I am going to be remembering and honouring my Mom this November. She just past away. I am sorry for your losses and hope that this time brings healing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy new year, my friend. What beautiful, kind, thoughtful gifts you have received to recreate the wind altar. I'm so sorry for being away but I had nearly a 3 week patch of illness and did nothing beyond what "had" to be done during that time. Just to let you know, you will see and ad on my blog. I don't think I really like it, but I'm trying out different things to supplement some income as I know eventually I will need to cut my work hours. Anyway, I didn't want it to surprise you. ;-)

    Your pumpkins are huge and adorable! I love the photo of the Miss GK kiss. All my love to you, Mina

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you. Thanks for taking the time to comment.