Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Haunted Humpday entry for October the twoth..............

Long before Ms. Uma the black cat with the silver lining, so called because her buttcheeks, under her tail and under her front legs is silver (thanks Arkansas Patty, we love what you nicknamed her) came to live with us, I had a collection of black cats that I displayed every year for Halloween. When my daughter moved away, I gave her part of the collection, so that we would still be connected even if she was more than half the US away from me.

source
Now that she is back here (been 4years now) in the Land of Enchantment, we have yet to combine hers and mine again for a reunion of the black cat menagerie. I think it is because October is the shortest month of the year. Or at least it feels like it is. It goes by at lightening speed because of all the fun there is to be had and also all the activities crammed into but 31 days. We talked about reuniting the black cats and decided.....maybe next year. Too many other things to do. I'm a little sad but part of a collection is better than none and so this week the black cats and Hallowoonie decos will come out and be put up. Yeah.

There are so many blog activities and I have yet once again over extended myself but hey......it's October fun so what can it hurt right? I am working on my doll for the Haunted Halloween doll party, have finished my story for Magaly's So Good, So Dark party and will take photos and finish the tale of the Broomsticks on the Bayou this weekend with the lovely Ms. GK in the starring role (who would have guessed it?). She and I have been told we will still be playing dress up when they throw me to the wind. I think so. I want them to dress up and have a party and serve nothing but chocolate and margaritas. And I've promised to stay close and haunt the lot of them for as long as I can. They deserve me.......tee hee.


But for now, I'll share these photos of some black cattish pix and ask you......would you open the door the the children in this last photo.....hmmmmm, questionable lot, I'd say.


Happy Haunted Humpday,
gotta fly, Oma Linda

13 comments:

  1. Spooky kids, that last photo! Enjoy the fun of the whole month, my dear! Halloween is the be all and end all of fabulousness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A black cats images collection sounds fantastic. I, too, have over-extended myself, but we both know that it is the life of a professional Halloweenaholic witchy woman (by the way, I totally stole that sticker). I haven't started working on my story for Haunted Doll party. It's my head, and it makes me giggle creepily. I think you will like it. Can't wait to see GK in all her Bayou goodness!

    And I don't know about those kids... I think they my come to the door saying, "Trick-or-Souls." The one on the left is particularly terrifying...

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Black cat with a silver lining" -- brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I would open the door for them and say, "Oh, you must be here to answer the ad I put in the paper for house painters! Well, grab the pails and the brushes then. What whaddaya mean you didn't answer the ad for 'this house painting job is so fabulous, you can't expect any pay!'"

    ReplyDelete
  5. I swear I just saw those children on an episode of Dr Who! They were in the magic cupboard where all the scary dark things are locked away.

    And Ms Vanessa (A Fanciful Twist) insists there WILL be a tea party this year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looking forward to all the haunted nonsense this month!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so pleased you liked the image. She is an unusually marked beauty.
    Those are really scary looking kids. Might just slide the candy through the mail slot.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope you take pictures of your black cats! I would love to see them ;o) There is a lot that goes on this month! And, it's our Thanksgiving too! You made me laugh about the chocolate and margaritas! My mom says, when she is gone, if we do anything wrong, she will kick us in the butt! LOL! Those kids are too spooky for me! Hugs ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. More than any other holiday Halloween brings out the inner child. And the candy ain't half bad either.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for this one my friend!
    Sorry I'm late! I was visiting with my dad:)
    I would probably open the door... To let them out! Lol

    ReplyDelete
  11. Being at your home would be a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You always have such a fabulous time, Happy October my dear friend, Oh and that flying thing, how does one get off the ground. hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh I'm so glad to hear I'm not the only one who has signed up for too much this time of year! LOVE the spooky kids pic..I would open the door but would not let them in!lol

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you. Thanks for taking the time to comment.