Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Sometimes all it takes is a kindness..........

Well, I am officially finished with my entries into Halloween fun and games and parties with the exception of 2 more Haunted Humpdays. The rest of the events, I will just be an observer. I always tend to over commit and then run around like a chicken with my head cut off.....
I bought this black calla lily for myself today, I deserve it, right??????
Add that to the bit of negative energy that has been present at our doorstep from "nare do wells" and the theft of things and there was a combination for bad juju. But we took care of that as well.

It all started when we took down the shade cloth on the front patio for the winter. We tend to have a slip and slide out there when the sun can't melt the precipitation and we wanted to winterize the yards. But as soon as the lovely tent affect was gone, we felt vulnerable. Not just a little bit...it was even evident to our handyman when he came to winterize the AC. He asked what was going on. Right after that is when we had the altar stolen, then the pumpkins from the front porch as well as some lanterns. I'm really glad that I hadn't put out the vintage blow molds yet. I really would have had to have a melt down of epic proportions.

So anyway, the cutie patootie handyman was back again this morning to re-install the gates to the front porch. I will take them down in the Spring and put up the shade cloth. And then he asked if I was going to do some of my "bippity boppity boo" to keep away the bad stuff. It was the first time I have laughed that hard in a week. Never had anyone call what I do "bippity boppity boo" before but it gave me just the right attitude adjustment and so Ry and I set forth our protections and included said handyman in the doing of it. When we were finished with it, handyman said, "wow, I've never seen anyone do "magic" before.....it looks a lot like normal stuff. Uh yeah, but with intention and attitude. He was wayyyyyyyyyy impressed and then said he had no idea why anyone would be afraid of something so straight forward and non threatening good "magic".

And so folks, another satisfied and demystified member of society walks away liking what they have seen of a wickedy old witch and her sidekick the Inside, Outside, Upside down Thinker do their "bippity, boppity, boo".


Yesterday I received this lovely package in the mail from Beverly and her granddaughter Aly from Georgia, as well as an envelope from our dear friend Linda on Wheels in Florida. The kindness of these ladies by adding elements of nature from their parts of the country to our new Thankfulness altar is so very dear. We, all five members of the Cuckoos, will include their gifts within our new re build, as well as their names on the altar and feel so blessed and encouraged by the gifts. This time I will promise to take pictures in process and of the finished product for you to see. And as Sweet Man pointed out....the wind blows through the backyard and that is where we will be installing this altar....and I shook my head and said Aye Aye Blye.

If any of you would like a piece of your part of the world included email me and I will send you my addy. Just snippets of grasses, leaves, twigs, shells would be magickal. We have some things coming from two different provences of Canada and a bit from Britain as well. This will truly be something we will remember forever. My grands keep talking about all the really good people in the world. Blogging has given them this very thought process and for that I am truly grateful. Because remember this all started when I asked Gail for a bit of her lightening struck tree......and the universe used even the lost door for good. With all the craptastic things on the news, my grands have a different view of what people are really like. Thank you my wonderful lovelies.


Kindness is a powerful component in folk magic that brings folks together in goodness.

Smooches and Squoozes,
Gotta Fly, Oma Linda

13 comments:

  1. I am happy to help. The box will be coming this week. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Calla Lily is gorgeous! Hmmm...has some tried to turn their blackened eye upon you? Glad you slapped their hand.

    ReplyDelete
  3. more thievery? bummer. I guess you need the gates after all. how sad. any idea who the perp is? glad you got a good laugh. bippity bobbity boo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm almost done putting together my bit of "bippity boppity boo" to mail your way!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had no idea that calla lilies came in black, or are they dyed for Halloween?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Uh-huh, and now I'll be singing bippity boppity boo all darned day! Thank goodness the good folk still outnumber the bad!

    ReplyDelete
  7. There are always people trying to take the goodness out of life Oma, so for all us folks that keep putting it back in and never giving up, no matter how hard the "others" try. Just know that you and your goodness are much appreciated in this small town in Atlantic Canada. I would like to send you a small pkg from our yard, home n bay, however do not have an address. I will see if I can email you. I love that your handyman helped and saw with his own eyes your "bippity Boppity Boo". he,he lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a gorgeous Calla Lilly. I've never seen one like it.
    It is just a darn shame that you have to install gates to keep people honest. Hope the bippity bobbity boo does the trick.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay! I'm so glad that your package arrived safely... Miss Aly will be thrilled that you included a photo of our special box on your blog! We're so pleased to be a part of your new altar and to help turn a sad event into a happy blessing, Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loving that calla lilly and the bippity boppity boo :oD

    ReplyDelete
  11. The best "magic" is turning something bad into something good. So glad that your grands are learning there are still good people out there. It's wonderful you were able to share what you do with the cutie patootie handyman. I love that he joined in. Bright blessings to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey Oma Linda, sorry I wasn't here earlier! I am behind in things! I am so sorry about all the crap that has went on, but I am so happy your cutey handy man brought a smile to you! I LOVE your calla lily!!! Just thinking of what I could send you for your altar? Got my thinking cap on ;o) Hugs ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds like you are spreading the magic and love and it is coming right on back in abundance :) I'm sure I have your address, and we in Oz collect shells strings and driftwood gifted by Mother Nature each time we set foot on the beach, may hunt around our yard too, see what's there... Great handyman, open of thought and accepting of life's good magic and people... And cute(?) bonus points LOL!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you. Thanks for taking the time to comment.