Wednesday, December 18, 2013

And so the count down to Sandy Drawers begins............

I know that for many of you, Lindaese is not your native tongue. I also know that many of you speak your own brand of English because you are also a member of the crazier than crap tribe of human. And some of you, my darlings, just scratch your head and say "that olde broad is nutz".  You would be right of course and if I was giving out door prizes you would all be winners.


And I am feeling my oats, or geritol, or just full of myself as of late. Up momentarily and dragging my sorry depressed old rear the next. Bipolar much??????

Let me explain Sandy Drawers first. That is what the darling and dimpled daughter called Santa Claus when she was but a sweet baby girl. When I reminded the grands this morning of the cuteness, Ry, the child who still is a child, laughed and said "Sandy Drawers" about 5 million times before I dropped him off at school. What is with repetition and being a kid? That has always made me crackers. Oh well, what harm could crackers be to nutz, right? And the girl child, who is now a damnable teenager surprised me by giggling and being quite sweet. I really shouldn't say that because she is always sweet with me or least she tries. Then she pestered me wanting to know what grammatical gems she had bestowed on the world when she was but a child. I told her a few and then reminded her that she hasn't quite finished bestowing her words into the world. Many more to come I'm sure.

The point of this whole post is (yes, Virginia there is a point) to say that I will be working on getting some baking and wrapping cone in the next few days and probably will not have much of an opportunity to get to blogging. But I did work on some polishing up of some old Xmas prints and will post them daily. Like so many of you I waited until now to do the "traditional" crunch dance of the holidays. Yikes, yells the woman with her pants on fire.

I hope that you have a Merry Solstice. We will be burning our Yule log and terrifying the neighbors with our bonfire, leaving pressies for the winter garden fae, along with some treats and libations for the wee folk. Happy Christmas to you all. That's when we will leave hay and carrots for the reindeer, cookies and milk for the Fat Man and hope (by our good actions during the year, which for me are few and far between) to avoid the switches and chains of the Krampus, or Black Pete. Notice there is a food link and the holidays?

Enjoy whatever it is you celebrate. Take the opportunity to treat yourself to some happy. Embrace the New Year with a hopeful heart and I'll catch up with you when I catch my breathe again.

Holiday greetings,
Smooches and Squoozes,
Oma Linda

11 comments:

  1. Gotta love that Sandy Drawers. Too cute. Have a happy Solstice, Linda. And a wonderful Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be thinking about you celebrating in your own unique way this holiday season. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a wonderful holiday season, all you lovelies at the Casa! May it be a truly magical time for all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Solstice and Merry Christmas ;o) Big Hugs and Much Love ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am happy to say that I am a member of the crazy tribe and I do speak Lindaese with limited interpretation. My family has many words that mostly originated with our kids and some from the grands, but many from a former boyfriend of mine named Don, who spoke a colorful backwoods language all his own... we call them Don-isms. Merry, merry to you and the Cuckoos and I hope Sandy Drawers is very good to you all!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I believe this is the latest I've been in buying gifts and sending out cards...must have something to do with all the warm sunshine here which makes it hard to get into the "dashing through the snow" mode. Merry merry to you all!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Solstice, Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays linda! Keep on being crazy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. May the warmth, the loveliness, the craziness, the happy, the love remain a forever delightful essence at Casa de Cuckoo - cheers, eh :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh yes, I do proudly consider myself a member of the crazier than crap tribe ;-)~

    Sending Solstice blessings to all of the enchanting inhabitants of the Casa de the Lovely Linda. Mina

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you. Thanks for taking the time to comment.