Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Mother Nature gave her blessings to the Gratefulness Tree.........


As I told you I scored the back seat cushion from an old car on garbage day and SM and I enjoyed the last of the warm days we had deconstructing the springs. The big ones were liberated and then hung from the shelves of the Gratefulness tree like "junkers" icicles. My plan was to use the smaller springs on the edges of the shelves but once I saw how we were rapidly approaching overload, I backed off of that idea. I will use some of them on our family tree inside the house.

Even with his torn ligament finger from his "fall down go boom incident", the intrepid (stubborn for short) not a lean but still as mean (not really) but squared away Marine made quick work out of the springs and I think they added just the right junky touch to our Gratefulness tree.


I know this post is a little out of sync as far as when the spring went up but I wanted to show you the "dirty work" too.



And now here is what I knew we would have to give to you as our final shot of this years Gratefulness Tree. Mother Nature saw fit to crown the glory of all the work with her sparkles.



I hope you have enjoyed the coming together of the tree and the fun we have had doing the work.

Happy Holidays from Casa de Cuckoo.

9 comments:

  1. Following along has been so much fun. Love that Gaia blessed the tree!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Holidays!! Nice stove...Nice Gratefulness Tree...Nice friends...Nice creativity...

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's breath-taking! May it bless your home and all who live there during the holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How perfect... The "icing" on the cake! It's so beautiful, Linda. Warm hugs to you and all the Cuckoos from your friends here in Georgia. Have a Blessed holiday season.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It just might be the finest tree I've seen this season. Certainly the most original.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oma Linda, I love this soooooooooooooooooo much!!!!! Mom and I have really enjoyed these posts! We both said, this is what the holidays are all about ;o) Big Hugs and much love from the both of us!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How wonderful and so much fun. I want my house and yard to be full of stuff like this but my mind just doesn't work like that.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is CHRISTMAS!!!! I HAVE LOVED YOUR SAGA..YOUR Story!!!!! I feel like we have all been there with you!!!!! All my love to you, Gnoma and Cuckoos!!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you. Thanks for taking the time to comment.