Monday, December 9, 2013

The jars of love on the Gratefulness tree.........

When it came time to put all the goodies in the jars, it was much like filling stockings on Christmas eve. There was a palatable electricity. All the Cuckoos were excited and it showed.


 









We added a jar of our "travel rocks" from the past 5 summers of fun, some heart shaped rocks, some crystals that will keep our tree sparkling from within. And a jar with a hedgehog made from naturals were our contributions in the jar department.



As we packed the jars, it was obvious that the touching of the elements that had been sent held a magical charm and charge. Tears flowed as some of the items were placed. Who knew that rocks, bark, shells, etc could create such emotion.

l-r Australia on top of NM rocks, then Canada, then Arkansas. 

We tied each jar up with raffia, or jute cord, or twill tape and included some special something to dangle down from the lid. Each jar is now filled and secured on the tree. And the larger pieces of bark and lightening tree are in this basket. And two rather large chunk are on the upper shelf. Our plan is to use the Arkansas license plate for the roof of the top birdhouse that we will put on the Gratefulness after the holidays. We are going to use it to feed the birds this winter and into spring.


We had to take down the tree topper star because the wind started to mess with it, but I will figure something out to keep it safe, never you fear.


So here are the 13 jars of love and wonderfulness for your viewing pleasure and ours. Every day the sun catches something and it sparkles, every night the crazy Edison lights illuminate something else to look at. This truly was a work of the heart.

But wait.....there is still more to come............ Oma Linda

ps. did you happen to see the lizard pointing the way to the quartz point? Or the lovely dried flower and grasses tied to one of the jars? or the blue bird feathers adding their amazing color and pattern?

17 comments:

  1. This is SO beautiful! What a tree of treasures! I'm absolutely tickled to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is truly one of the most imaginative, marvelous creations I've ever seen. You live in Willy Wonka world! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2pt2-F2j2g

    ReplyDelete
  3. You start my day with a smile.
    You never fail to amaze and inspire me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh honey, you cannot imagine how deeply this magical idea has touched my heart. You are brilliant beyond words, and creating such beautiful memories for your family. We won't even mention how wonderful it makes those of us you share it with feel. All my love to you, Mina

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is one heck of a tree. Oh how I wish I could see it in person. I could spend hours looking and probably not see everything in those marvelous jars of wonderfulness. You all did a great job. S&S

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so magical and so brilliant! What a beautiful way to honor friendships, the human heart and the Earth Momma and all her mystical places all at once. A better shrine to love, I doubt I've ever seen.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just lovely, Lovely Linda!! I should create one of these myself or better yet, send you something that's precious for your wonderful tree.

    Loves ya,
    G

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a marvel! To think that all of these gifts came together from so many corners of the world to shine in love and light is truly wondrous. The energy just radiates from these photos and I can't stop gazing at it. Thank you for inspiring, creating and sharing this magic with all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an honor and so much love is beaming from those jars. Thank you for including me and Marcy in this tree. We will always be connected.

    Absolutely beautifully unique tree!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm glad I got to participate in my tiny way. This is really a marvelous thing you all have (we all have!) created. I love the energy that went into it, as well as the finished object. Really super cool. Do you allow pinning as in Pinterest? I have never done that, but some one should if you allow that.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Each jar is a masterpiece of creativity. Just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely memories of time with the Grands...lovely things created...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oma Linda, mom and I are crying happy tears! This is truly so beautiful and so heart warming! Love you girl! xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  14. I didn't realize there would be lights - WOW and Double WOW - just beautiful and well felt :) Applause :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. OH MY!!! SAO BEAUTIFUL! I AM CRYING!!!! And you have a dear friend in Arkansas, GAIL?????!!!!!! Hello Gail!! I am in Little Rock, my dear! What a small, magical World!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you. Thanks for taking the time to comment.