Friday, January 24, 2014

Grow Your Blog

Thanks to Vicki at Two Bags Full for hosting this blog party. There were 596 entries.....wow, that is a Herculian task. I appreciate your kindness.

Welcome to all of you newcomers to Olde Baggs 'n Stuft Shirts. I've tried to give you an overview of who I am as a blogger, Oma (German for grandmother) and my interests. And hello lovelies to my present followers.

I feel like the best way to present my blog is to do a little show and tell about this blog, which is all about my life here at:

That is what we affectionately call our home. 5 years ago my daughter and grands moved back from South Carolina and moved in with us. We are a 3 generation household made up of my husband, Sweet Man (the Stuft Shirt in the title), me, Oma Linda (the Olde Bagg), my beautiful daughter Shelley, my 13 year old granddaugher, GK and her 9 year old brother, Ry. Also living here are 2 cats, Uma and Princess Toadstool and 1 dog, Ellie Mae Scootles along with at least 25 hibernating box turtles in the backyard and faery garden.

We, as a family, have participated in many blog parties, dressed up for Mad Tea,

Mysterious Carnivals


and Halloween extravaganzas.

None of these opportunities would have been open to us were it not for blogging. And the grands are always ready for the next adventure. Believe me when I say that I take full advantage of a time to play, pretend and decorate. We also have had the joy of meeting blog buddies and visiting with them in person. That is also one of the fun side benefits of blogging.

I host a Celebrate Oz blog party each year and this year will be our 4th year of Ozonian fun.



There was Celebrate Oz the first year. I wrote a story about the four princesses of Oz. Here is a link to that multi-chapter romp.

Then year 2 was Return to Celebrate Oz. Dorothy and I had a very wonderful and mysterious green tinted guest for tea.

Last year was Celebrate Oz - Altered Oz and I crafted a book of "alternative" players that followed the yellow brick road and it was auctioned off to benefit an animal rescue.

And this year's theme is Celebrate Oz-Hues of Oz, March 21st. If you'd like more information please check out the link to the information page. We'd (there have been almost 100 entries in the past 3 years) love to have you join us and share our joy and passion for all things Oz.

I love to write stories and have joined several writing blog parties, create "arting", joined swaps and "pay it forwards" and have an Etsy shop, blog about my grands and family life in general and make, keep and try to be a friend to the folks I lovingly call my lovelies. I also am crazy (I suppose I could have stopped the sentence there) about faeries, magick, donkeys,




turtles, and furry babies too. Am a staunch supporter of those on the Autism spectrum because we have our own in house "inside, outside, upside down philosopher" in my grandson Ry. I love teenagers, (I heard that audible gasp) and worked with the crazy little buggers for over 20 years in my former working life and sorta miss it but don't tell. Have started into the phase of my life where the remembering of the "old times" are fun to "inflict" on GK and her friends so I guess I grew into the Olde Bagg role for reals.

I hope you have enjoyed your visit. Come back and if you think there might be something interesting here or any of my other blogs (see sidebar) then be my guest and join in the fun and insanity of Casa de Cuckoo and meet some of the best blogging friends in the world.

Smooches and Squoozes, Oma Linda

27 comments:

  1. Love the pictures of your equine pals! I have a soft spot for longears :)
    Enjoy the GYB Party!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops, forgot to mention earlier that I am one of Vicki's volunteer greeters for the GYB Party! I hope you have a great time. And now I'd like to know where I can get tickets to the Mysterious Carnivals - LOL!

      Delete
  2. ALWAYS enjoy visiting Linda. Have a great weekend! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your wonderful imagination is definitely hereditary and you lucky grands are the heirs. I love other people's teens, not so sure I could have survived my own if I had kids.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Oma Linda! I so enjoyed this post and am sure I'll visit again! I'll add your blog to my sidebar so I can keep up with what you are doing. A couple of the photos look like you live in the Southwest! We lived in Albuquerque for ten years and still consider that our real home. We miss it!

    Thanks for visiting my blog!! xoxo Silke

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi My wonderful dear blogging friend! I loved this post. It was great to go back through your life and revisit the past with you. I am certainly very happy and feel very fortunate to be able to call you one of my dearest blogging friends. We've known each other for a while now and it's been such a great experience. Hope you have a great time with Vicki's Grow Your Blog party. I'm in it this year as well., thanks to you. Bright blessings, Bird

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm visiting from the Grow Your Blog party. It is no nice to meet you and your furry friends! I plan to look around a bit more and then be on my way to visit the others. I do hope you will stop by for a visit and enter my giveaway. Have a wonderful weekend! Hugs – Donna

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hiya - thanks for stopping by my blog earlier and for leaving such a kind comment :)
    It seems we have more in common than the FM - I also love Faeries and Magick. I think I shall be looking at your Hues of Oz in March as it too is a favourite of mine.
    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahhh Oma Linda what a glorious world you have created here.
    I look forward to poking around - that's for sure.

    I would SO love to attend a Mad Tea Party.

    Feeling a bit like the rabbit today... rushing around hither and thither... but will surely return and spend some time with you.

    Enjoy the party!

    go easy ~p

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so in for Celebrate 2014 Oz Hues! I was in on last year's Altered Oz. I'm a Mad Tea Partier too~

    thriftshopcommando.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've been following your blog for a while now but I really enjoyed learning more about your life and household. This is a good thing for bloggers to do from time to time for the benefit of new followers who don't really know all that much about you. I should follow this advice.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great way to capture your blog Oma, brimming with past and upcoming celebrations, fun, furry friends, adored family, activities, magic with more than a touch of mayhem :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oma, I LOVE this post. To see GK and Ry dressed up over the years, the memories... that awesome picture of you in red, what a treat!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oma Linda, you are one special lady!! Love you xoxooxox

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great to know more about you, Oma!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi, Linda! I have a new blog but I still cannot upload photos to my postings. I was looking forward to your entering your 2014 Celebrate Oz, but if I am unable to post a photo it doesn't look good. Maybe I can write something.

    This was a wonderful posting with lovely photos and story.

    Hugs
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  16. My beautiful Oma Linda, I am so blessed to be able to share in the lives of you and your magnificent Casa de Lovelies. I wish you knew how deeply you have enriched my world. Hugging you tightly, but being careful for our achy bodies, Mina

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh I always have fun at the Casa De Cuckoo :oD

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you so much for hosting a wonderful event and for allowing me to participate. This is my first stop in the hop for me as I had a family crisis that needed tending this weekend.

    I enjoyed the description of your blog and really look forward to the Oz event in March!

    Blessings,

    Mario

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ya gotta love people who love teenagers.

    I taught middle school for 24 years and everyone thought I was crazy. Of course I was crazy - you have to be to teach middle school.

    I love you multi-generational family.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Charming! Your blog is absolutely charming! I am currently living with our last two teenagers, and have to admit they are a wonderful and strange breed. Having survived the first two teens with fond memories, I am sure we are making many more good memories now. I will be checking back to see your new adventures. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hello Oma! I am also an Oma--my grandmother and her mother were both Oma's to me. When our first grandchild was to be born she had 13 granparents waiting for her and our daughter asked is we would be Oma and OPa. We said YES.....you are he second Oma I have met in the past 6 months. I love your blog and learning all about your family. I am a new follower.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Nice to meet you Oma! I'm enjoying my trip around the Blog World with Vicki's GYB event. Isn't it fun?!

    I hope you can pop over to find my blogs.
    fatdormouse.blogspot.com
    dormouse.wibsite.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Oma, Really enjoyed this stop on my GYB journey, your personality shines through:) Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hello , my name is Dawn your my one stop on the blog party, Hope that I soon will be friends with all of you cyber neighbors. Can’t wait to see more of your great projects in the making. My site http://overboardcreations.blogspot.com/ and contact info is ovr_brd@yahoo.com
    I don’t have a lot of blog time in. but I like all things creative n thrifty and I currently vote for the mysterious carnival photo's looks like the kids had fun.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Greetings from St. John's, Newfoundland, Canada. Very nice to meet you. I'm having fun visiting such interesting blogs!

    ReplyDelete
  26. A delightful read - thanks for inviting me in --- I really appreciate you sharing your world if only for a short time.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you. Thanks for taking the time to comment.