Friday, January 17, 2014

Pay It Forward Weekend..........

I just love the concept of paying it forward. There are so many possibilities. I also enjoy sharing the fun with my grands. Let's them know they can make a difference in this world, even with a small sharing or saying thank you or any number of nice actions on their part.

Both of the grands have through the past 5 years made fae for our Beltane and Mid Summer celebrations and we have found it hard to part with them. We just keep making more because they are so much fun. Well, I think we have finally come to a spot in the road where we can say.....we can let others enjoy our work as well.

So today GK, who is off of school for student lead conferences, and I (Ry has school) will be taking our fairies and leaving them in city playgrounds, hospital waiting rooms and libraries in the childrens sections. This idea is not my own. There is a wonderful artist who does this in Canada and I was so taken by her idea, I've copied her. Thanks Knickertwist.

Then our plan is to go through a couple of fast food places and leave money to pay for the person behind us in lines food. We've done this in the past and it is always fun to see the expressions on the faces of those that are surprised.

Then GK and I will be off to visit some of our favorite art galleries. No this is not for pay it forward, although in GK's case it might be someday. It is simply to admire the work and technique of local artists. It is always a treat to spend a day with my soul sista. She is such a deep thinker and a loving human being. When we have our rare time together, it makes this old one feel much younger. So that's a pay it forward as well.

We're back and as usual when trying to do nice for someone else, we are the winners. Especially Ms. GK was blessed today. She was the giver of the fairy today. She met small children with their parents at the hospital in the ER. The smile on their faces was beautiful. We stopped two volunteers (pink ladies) and gave them fairies and they actually cried and hugged GK and kept telling her how wonderful it was. Then we went on to the library where she placed the fairies as we were going in on trees and bushes. On our way out they were already all gone and GK was thrilled. She stopped a grandma and grandpa walking their 3 yr old grandson and the little boy was so tickled that he started dancing around. As they walked away we overheard the grandma telling him they should go home a color some pictures for friends. GK was happy that they got the pay it forward part. And then we went to three city parks and just let the other fairies wait for their new owners.

It was so wonderful to watch the lady behind in line at Panda Express when she realized that we were paying for her lunch. Such a happy feeling. Such a marvelous look on GK's face as she said we needed to do this more because it felt so good. See We got the best end of the bargain today.

Hope you, my lovelies have a wonderful weekend, filled with good things coming your way as well. Smooches and Squoozes, Oma Linda

17 comments:

  1. You're teaching such wonderful values to your grands! I love hearing about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the 'pay it Forward' is so rewarding to give (and you have perfectly captured the joy here) and to know that not only makes a difference to the receiver, but THEN the goodwill continues when it is passes through the receivers to others and so on making the world a kinder, happier place, and sometimes that anonymous gift to a stranger in the community makes a real difference in their life, and although they ay be down, lonely, a little hard up, they know someone cares, awesome Oma and all, just fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You and your family are incredibly inspirational and kind. I love your posts. This is something I may have to borrow from you as you borrowed it from Knickertwist. There are so many ways to give and to pay it forward. I love the idea of the fairies, of course! Thank you for sharing. Loving this in a huge way. Blessings and happy days, Bird

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww, what a lovely way to spend the day! Warm fuzzies all round :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG....actually brought tears to my eyes!!!! What a beautiful thing to do :D XXX

    ReplyDelete
  6. I never really knew that this was what I was doing all along, until there was a movie made about this "Pay it forward" - in my neck of the woods, its just what people do, we help each other and do nice things. I was most impressed with the "Pay it forward" idea and you have heard that old saying "if only more people......" Nice to see you teaching and giving with your heart Oma - I love your little fairies - and I have loved fairies all my life but never actually had one of my own - still looking :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are a special lady Miss Linda! What a wonderful way to spend a day! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are an inspiration in the best way! I too love pay it forward but have not done it in the manner you have. Not yet anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are a wonderful role model for your grand kids. I hope to have the opportunity to inspire grandchildren one day.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oma Linda, you are making me cry happy tears! This is so beautiful! I have to do this! Big Warm Hugs and lots of kisses ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, what an amazing day you two had and how many people you touched. You brought happiness to many and I'm sure that happiness will be passed on. Kind of like a kindness pyramid. Proud of you both.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh how I love this. You and your lovely Ms. GK are beautiful, beautiful people. You know how to make people happy.. happy to receive and happy to give when paying it forward. You inspire, and you're a wonderful role model for those grands of yours.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You and your Grands are blessed.....love abounds in your home, and you share the love. How wonderful is that!
    Congratulations on Post of the Week.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You have just given me an idea for one of the days my little granddaughter visits for a week this summer. I hope I remember this!!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you. Thanks for taking the time to comment.