Thursday, January 2, 2014

What is your favorite Oz color????????????????

Is it gingham blue, bubblegum pink, sparkly ruby red, wickedy slick black, shiny twinkling green, winding yellow, or are your choices more of the ever changing equine variety? Do you like pumpkinhead orange, apple on the tree scarlet, shiny metal silver or plain old straw gold? Whatever your choice, it will be perfection. Let your imagination be your guide.

This year we will explore the "Hues of Oz". All that is required is that you choose some colorful item, thing, story, scene, element, article of clothing, animal or just about anything else your mind will let you imagine. You can draw, paint, tell a story, write a novella, craft a piece or just tell us your favorite color of Oz and why. We are exploring the colors of our favorite place not on earth.........the colorful land of Oz.

I recently went back and read the first books of Oz by L. Frank Baum. I am in love with my new Paperwhite Kindle and the Oz books were.........free. I have truly been reanimated when it comes to my love of all things Ozonian. There are so very many books, movies, collections to choose from to join in the Celebrate Oz - Hues of Oz. The possibilities are as vast as the subject matter.

So on March 21st, we will come together to share our love of Oz as it is manifested in the land of many colors. As my grands said last night at dinner, "even in black and white, Oz is a riot of color".

These are photos of my Altered Oz book characters from last years party. See any colors that inspire you??????
Won't you join us?

I sure hope you'll give it your best try. If you have any questions about "Hues of Oz", ask.....I'll be glad to get back with you.

Here is the button for you to put on your blog so that you can let others know you will be participating. Isn't Ozma gorgeous? I thought she needed to lead the way to our 2013 Celebration of all things Oz.


And like so many blog hop parties of late, I would love to know if you are thinking of participating by commenting here on this blog anytime between today and March 21st, but the day of the party, if you will leave a comment with your link back to your entry on my blog entry for the date of March 21st, that would be perfect. I think it is so much more simple to do the party this way. No stress for any of us. Just the fun of sharing our love for Oz.

Hues of Oz.

Colors of the rainbow.

Hope to see you there.


33 comments:

  1. Aww, what a lovely idea, and love the Art deco-esque button :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG is it that time already?...and how to choose a single colour???!...but then there is always the rainbow right? Count me in please :D XXX

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favorite OZ color has to be the ruby slippers, which were actually silver in the books. Red was deemed better for technicolor and while I generally side with the author of a story I think ruby slippers were a vast improvement.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm in! It will give me a nice firm kick back into blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm in ;o) I actually read this post yesterday and something came to my mind instantly! Then, when I slept on my idea, it became even more clear, but I don't know if everyone is going to like it?? I have to e-mail you!! Big Hugs and I have your button on my blog ;o) xooxxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm certainly looking forward to being a part of your Oz celebration. I so enjoyed last year's Altered Oz that this year's Hues of Oz should be a real hoot!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would love to participate!! After reading through the post once I already have lots of ideas!! How exciting :0)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hmmmm, putting on my thinking cap .... I just may have an idea or two beginning to ferment in my ol' noggin!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your idea of colours of Oz. I'm partial to those ruby slippers, but then that shouldn't come as any big surprise to you. Like Ireland Brady, I'll need to put on my thinking cap...time to get this ol' gathering of grey cells a bit of a boost!!

    Loves ya,
    G

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi! I will certainly give this a try...thank you! I am a big fan of all things OZ~~~

    Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BTW...I will be using many of the colors of Oz. I have already started what I plan for "Hues of Oz"...I have also posted your button for 2014 Celebrate Oz on my blog~

      Jan

      Delete
  11. Yeh Jan is playing ;o) Thanks for going to her blog Oma Linda ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh gosh, your posts are not showing up on my feed and it's making me sad 'cause I am repeatedly late for them. I wonder if I could do this party too. I have nothing Oz-ie at all and I want to go through past posts to see how people celebrated. How you celebrated. I've seen the Alice in Wonderland ones and they are fabulous so I can only think you did this all up in a huge way too. I will check it out and think about if I can possibly pull this off over here too. Love and hugs, Bird

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fabulous blog party. I'm not sure if I'll be able to participate, but it sure would be a good kick in my own pants back to blogging. Like so many others, I find it difficult to choose one favorite color. There's the green of the witch's skin, ruby of the slippers, the grey of the flying monkeys...
    I love your grandkids' comment that even in black and white Oz is a riot of color. That is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am in if you want me!! I want to make a riot of colour!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am in if you want me...though I am still blogless :) I want to make a RIOT of colour!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Third time lucky for posting my comment :) I am in if you want me...though I am still blogless :) I want to make a RIOT of colour!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am so in that you can probably already see the color of my grin. A tale about colors... yum, yum, yum! I can't wait to play with this one!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh it is going to be hard to pick my favorite color good thing that I have some time. I can't wait to take part.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Alas, Oma Linda, I cannot participate this year since I'm going to be off the blogosphere for much of March. Next year perhaps?

    ReplyDelete
  20. Count me in! I missed it last year and was so disappointed.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'd love to join this colorful Ozonian celebration!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I haven't even commented on your Grow Your Blog Post because I wanted to come here to participate. How exciting. Thank you so much for the invitation!! Mario Zeleny from Sancti Spiritus

    ReplyDelete
  23. This looks like so much fun! I am already a follower of your blog, so count me in please.
    Teresa in California
    http://amagicalwhimsy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  24. Sounds like a lot of fun, and as a new follower of your blog, I can't resist making something inspired by the OZ!

    ReplyDelete
  25. This will be my first time participating. It sounds wonderful!! I am a huge Oz fan and would love to make something and participate in this lovely hop.

    Brooke
    http://www.brookeblogs.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. I didn't leave a Comment already?? I thought I had...but Kim left enough for ME and HER..so that's okay!!!! HAHHAHHAHAHHA!! I am starting work on something colorful..well actually Delegating the work to various Witch Sisters who live in Stump Hollow. They are so excited and even though they love Black best, they have come up with a Colorful Spell. See you March 21st!!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. This was my very first horror film I was forbidden to watch! Yes in black and white!
    Telling me NO! when I was a little brat, only stirred what was meant to be later on!
    I would be honored to participate Thank you for this fantastic event! xoDebi

    ReplyDelete
  28. I would love to join the fun! I'm Jackie good friend of April.

    ReplyDelete
  29. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  30. I didn't know that I was going to play along but this piece I'm working on is crying out to participate.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Yes please! Problem is just picking a colour...

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you. Thanks for taking the time to comment.