Friday, February 28, 2014

Hues of Oz update........

Besides working on my entry for Celebrate Oz - Hues of Oz, I have been scouring the net to see if there are any good sites and links to inspire you or just for the fun of it.

I found another really good place to get information and "facts" about our favorite movie. It is http://www.thewizardofozblog.com/ . Lots of information, trivia, and discounts on WOZ items.

That blog is where I got these things to share with you.

Madame Alexander dolls have always been a fave of mine. And these new Steampunk interpretation of our three ladies of Oz are no exception. Aren't they gorgeous?????? Love um.


Here are the Little girl dolls for this 75th Anniversary season:



Sunday March 2, at the Oscars, The Wizard of Oz movie will be honored for it's 75th Anniversary.

Triva about the making of the movie: http://www.thewizardofozblog.com/2014/01/fun-facts-from-the-making-of-the-wizard-of-oz.html

And now for more little known things about the movie....here's a really fun bit of trivia. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jay-scarfone/another-10-things-wizard-of-oz_b_4408904.html

Hope your weekend is a great one and remember 21 days until "Hues of Oz".

11 comments:

  1. My sister has all of the original Madame Alexander Oz Dolls, she is the real Oz lover of the family. I haven't settled on my color yet, I'm actually toying with a concept that might not be fitting, I will continue to ponder on it and see where the yellow brick road takes me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was doing the exact same thing this morning! Love the trip down movie memory road! xoDebi

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Wizard of Oz has always been a favorite, and a strong reminder of my childhood.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I read that Liza Minnelli will be involved in the Wizard of Oz tribute. I hope she doesn't try to sing though because her voice is gone.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need to sort out what to do, I keep thinking 'colourful' more in the 'actions' of what the characters get up too, happy you shared links, my brain is like scarecrows at the moment, a bit empty of ideas LOL, but it's March (how quick did that come around) so better get busy ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I better get my butt in gear and finish my painting!!! I love those dolls!
    My friend, "Jan" is gone, please take her off your list for the party. Remember, I told you she has family problems.
    Big hugs ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am looking forward to the upcoming party! I've been working on something I think will do justice to this idea of color. Should be fun...

    ReplyDelete
  8. sounds like fun...I would like to play along...:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. My favourite Oz character is Toto, and he is almost as cute your new dog, almost! Like the dolls too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm still creating in my head, turning all the lovely hues and spectrum of the rainbow from Oz. I always spend a lot of incubating time. ;-) You know I ADORE those steampunk dolls! I hope your new furry family member is doing well. Love to you and yours, sweetie. Mina

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you. Thanks for taking the time to comment.