Wednesday, December 17, 2014

2nd Donkey postings for the Holidays..............

Today it is snowing like crazy. The grands and I made our way to their respective schools and now I am going to take advantage of not going anywhere to make the traditional Jam Cake. It's a family recipe that my Mom made every year and all the Cuckoos love it. We always make it a week ahead and then let it "baste" in brandy. It's a drunken cake full of love.

Hope your week before Christmas Eve is a pleasant one and that you find time to do all that you want to do to get ready for the Holidays.

Only 4 more sleeps until Winter Solstice. We are almost ready to welcome the fae into the house for the winter. Takes some preparation but we'll get there. The gnomes have washed and hung up their laundry to dry. The gnome, elf tree is up and decorated and all that is left to do is make the thimble cookies and prepare the honeyed milk. After all we have to be ready for the return of the sun.

Hope you will enjoy the 2nd installment of Donkeys and the Holidays.








Donkeys and carts, donkeys and snow, I love them all.

Smooches and squoozes, Oma Linda

8 comments:

  1. Not sure which one I like best, they are all so cute. Have a great Christmas!🎄

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your vintage Christmas cards with donkeys are adorable, Oma Linda. Although there are some pretty cards these days, they lack that special attention these older ones had. I've enjoyed looking at them. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the vintage cards. Keep them coming. Wish I could taste that cake.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmmm, what can I baste in brandy? You've inspired me now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good Morning There - How ya doin' ? We just had a nite of rain, freezing rain n lots of it and now right smack into winter snow storm. WAHOO. Your donkey vintage cards are just precious. I like them all but I like the second to last because it reminds me of my Uncle and his donkey pulling a wagon. Donkeys are not always ornery as my friend has to lovely loving ones. Mama is very protective of her baby though and thats when you see the other side of the coin. No wild animals will ever get to baby Opal with Momma around. They love peppermints and always come running when I visit.....YEP.....I usually have a bunch in my pocket - its really a bribe to get on the good side of Mama and she knows it. ha,ha. Loved your display of vintage cards in both posts Linda. I would like to send you a photo of Izzabelle and Lil'Opal Rose, but don't know how to do that from here? I took them out in the barn especially for Christmas. lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonder if you can eat that cake and still drive? The trio of donkeys got to me. So cute.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want a piece of that cake! I don't know if I would be able to get up afterwards? LOL! Love your donkey pictures ;o) They are so precious ;o) Big Hugs ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG!! That little "rudolph" donkey is soooo cute!...and now I want an "elf tree" :D XXX

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you. Thanks for taking the time to comment.