Sunday, January 4, 2015

And so the new year begins with promises and hopefulness...............

And for an olde broad like me a look back in time.

I suppose all of us were taught to look both ways before crossing the street. And in a way I do that at the beginning of any new chapter in life. Look at what has occurred to bring me to this "street" and I imagine what the new chapter will or could provide.

And because we are here at the first full moon of 2015, it seems like an appropriate time to reflect and expect.

When I was a child, there was as much magic for me in the counting down to and entering the new year as there was for Christmas or my birthday. It was so exciting to hear that countdown to a new beginning. But as an adult it became rather common place and mundane to experience the newness based on the disappointments of false expectations, broken resolutions and just being a jaded adult, I suppose. I spent many years just letting things pass me by.

I feel as though I have come full circle in life in many areas, not the least of which is the way I view new, unopened, squeeky clean events. I know much of this feeling comes from my observance of and homage paid to the ever constant moon. I have made it a point in the last two years to be mindful of the cycle of the moon and my relationship to her. It has brought me a keener sense of living, if you will. I am in the moment. I am relishing what I have seen and what I hope to see.....and be.....and........

photo by womanstoryteller
that has been my gift to myself. Being faithful to the cycle of life that brings me close to my own magic has been a true gift and a healing.

I hope that at this full moon, you too will find that new beginning that charges your own magic.

Smooches and Squoozes, Oma Linda


9 comments:

  1. Very well said Oma Linda. I feel fully charged New Years Day Morning, out with the rising sun and relishing its arrival. That is how I took that photo on my post. Its full of energy, feeling and like taking a breath of fresh air.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear you! I as well! regard the monthly moon visit with delight and hope!
    A new excitement for fresh Beginings each month! xoDebi

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is beautiful right now and perhaps that is an omen in itself. Lets take advantage of this new cycle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've got a shout out, of sorts, to you over at my blog today. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely sentiments, Linda. Happy New Year to you, dear one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We all need a way to recharge the magic. I'm so glad you found yours.

    ReplyDelete
  7. the moon is so alluring, is she not?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Although we don't connect any event or activity as such to the awesome glowing full orb in the sky, there is always the magic moment where someone in the house will call out 'FULL MOON' and everyone will gaze up, comment, dream a little and be held a little spellbound by its beauty. No doubt it has helped you rediscover that missing magic from your past :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this post Oma Linda ;o) The full moon this month was very special to me ;o) Love you ;o)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you. Thanks for taking the time to comment.