Thursday, March 26, 2015

The state of the ..............

I feel silly calling this anything except an update. I can't even come up with a clever title at this point. My mojo is slipping. I'm a bit on the ditsy side of life. It has been forever and day since I haven't been congested or feeling weak or anxiety ridden.

I have been in hibernation it seems in many ways for over a year. I recently had another bout of not being able to breathe or sleep. Some of my facebook friends came to my rescue by sending along potions for anti anxiety and blessed sleep. They helped a lot but I needed to do something for myself and so I began therapy again and finally got to the doctor. Turns out my anxiety is not just emotional based but also stem from some physical issues that are being addressed now. And as for the lack of sleep......same thing. There are physical reasons that a good night's rest was non-existent for me. My fibro and other already recognized issues are now joined by some other nasty cohorts to make life a little more challenging. But instead of looking at it in the negative, I'll focus on the fact that I have a life to be challenged.

Just another fun way to chase your tail.
I have slept more in the past two nights than I had in the two weeks previous combined. Lack of sleep has a horrible affect on your mind. I had, at one point started having hallucinations. Not good. If it were not for the fact that I have a wonderful support system in my husband, daughter and grands as well as my friends, I don't know what I would have done. They all have lifted me up and kept me going.

I am looking forward for the first time in a very long time. I know that I haven't shared a lot with you, my lovelies, but it has been a rough year for me. I just didn't feel like I could or should share my problems with all of you. I know some do but my situations seemed small in comparison to so many folks who have horrendous maladies and life situations to face.

I had forgotten what tough old bird I am. I had lost some of my muchness along the way, but I am in process and that is a very hopeful and great place to be right now.

A little more than two weeks and we will be Celebrating Oz - Shadows of Oz. I hope you will join us on April 11 for the festivities.

Smooches and Squoozes, Oma Linda

20 comments:

  1. well, at least now it is all being addressed. so that's good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear that this miasma is starting to leave you. Hopefully, this will all soon be a distant memory.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry that you've been having such a rough time! Lack of sleep is so debilitating, particularly on top of other health issues. I hope things improve dramatically for you very soon. ❤

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's good to hear that you are finding some relief from your pain and sleeplessness. Know that we're out here holding you. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My Dad was a comical person and always said what was on his mind. I heard him say more than once "When life pisses on ya, piss back". My Mum would say "George, don't say that "P" word in front of the kids". ha,ha Hey Girl, you got a tough Atlantic Canadian rooting from this corner of the world for you, good health, better until you feel like your old self. Sometimes we forget just how tough us olde birds can be. lol Lilly

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so glad you are finally on an up turn. Lack of sleep can affect every part of our being. I have a friend who was going through this coupled with back pain and it was affecting her relationship with her boyfriend horribly. Being cranky was putting it mildly. For her a change of bed made a ton of difference.
    Don't know if you have tried this but I recently bought some black out curtains for my bedroom. I was getting about 4 hours or less a night unless medicated which I hated. I didn't realize how much my security light was filtering in to my room. Since the curtains have gone up, I have slept 7 and 8 hours blissfully per night, going on two weeks now. Nothing else was changed. Worth a try.
    Be well my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Always so difficult to s share these times but your strength serves as such an inspiration! Really thankful you're cobalt sleeping and praying nothing is too serious. Love and healing energy~
    (had a better comment but got deleted, phooey!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm glad you're consulting with a doctor -- that's always the best thing. Wishing you much peaceful sleep and happier days, Oma Linda. Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so happy to hear that things are going well! Yay for sleep and good care! Much love and continued sweet sleep to you. xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so sorry you've been having such a rough time, but like Debra, I am glad you are consulting with a doctor. I know first hand how miserable one feels when they don't sleep...and as someone who also suffers from a chronic pain disorder, I know how it can really interfere with your sleep. Please take care of yourself. Sending lots of hugs and healing prayers.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aww, I'm so sorry you're still having health issues. Like the pain/sleep "tail chase" the physical/emotional merry-go-round is a tough one to break, as well. Hope the doc helps you get things back on track.

    My sister has fibro and it's a real butt-kicker... She also has sleep problems from time to time, but she said the combo of new mattress, sleep curtains and a white noise machine (with chamomile tea and an occasional Ambien thrown in for good measure) helped her immensely. I hope you will find the right combo for you and will soon be getting the rest you seek. We're all rooting for you, honey-bun... Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey sweet woman, I have missed you, get well absorb strength from those people and places, memories and future plans, that will cushion and support your recovery.... Really missed you, let me know if I can help xox

    ReplyDelete
  13. So glad you are getting some answers. without sleep things can get bad awfully fast.I am glad you are starting to feel a bit better. I know it is a struggle, remember your struggles are no less significant than others, your strength has helped so many. sending love your way, if I can help in any way let me know Linda. hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am so glad you have found the culprits attacking you physically. I keep sending healing thoughts and much love.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I hope your muchness makes a triumphant return soon. Thank goodness for medical care. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Never let yourself think that your pain is of less importance or not at terrible as that of others. And if you find yourself thinking that, you pick up the phone call me. I shall remind you: Our pain is as big as it hurts; it is not to be compared, dear Oma, for our suffering won't lessen just because someone else is worse off. I know how hard it is to allow ourselves to feel terrible because of pain, to give ourselves permission to lie down and whimper for a while... I've been there. Reaching out helps. You have so many people standing right by you... ♥

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hallucinating from lack of sleep is a very strange experience. I've had it happen and, even though I KNEW that's what was happening, it was shocking enough that i remember it to this day.

    Good luck with the muchness!

    ReplyDelete
  18. from one Oma to another I can relate well. With my RSD and auto immune problems ife has been challenging for me too. I know exactly what you are saying with the sleeplessness. That affects everything we do and it takes its toll when it is lacking. I hope they come up with a plan that works on a regular basis for you. Big HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am so sorry Oma Linda!!!! I am wishing you all the best!! Big Hugs and much love

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you. Thanks for taking the time to comment.