Tuesday, August 11, 2015

I have been gone from all of you, far too long

So much has happened in the land of the Cuckoos since May.

I'll catch you up slowly in the next few weeks.

The grands are going back to school soon and I will have more time (I hope) to share with you some wonders, some tears and some revelations.

I found this photo of myself at GK's age while going through some things in yet another game of "let's clean up this mess".


I was sitting in my brother and sister in law's kitchen of their first home. The year was 1964. Picture quality was horrible....pink and yellow. Took it to PicMonkey and messed with it and got it to a state of black and white.

GK's remark upon seeing the photo was, "well there ya go, that's where my chin came from".

I've missed you all.

Smooches and Squoozes, Oma Linda

14 comments:

  1. Sweet photo. Isn't it great that we can scan and edit old photos ourselves? Looking forward to hearing more about you and hoping that all is well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you're back.

    Missed you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Indeed, that's where the chin came from. But is that a beehive hairdo I'm seeing? You were adorable! Glad to see you back online. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice when the grands see themselves in you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wondered where you'd gone. Looking forward to catching up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello cutie, I've been thinking about you. Welcome back.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that photo!!! I also love seeing old pics of myself...the self I still am in my head lol :D XXX

    ReplyDelete
  8. Welcome back. Taking a break is necessary once in awhile. Glad you came back.

    I see you had the same high hair style I did. Wouldn't budge for a week. LOL!!!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a darling pic! Welcome back!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes you have been gone too long. Such a cutie you were and I do see GK's chin. Tease her hair and I bet the resemblance is even greater.
    Welcome back.

    ReplyDelete
  11. We've missed you, pretty lady! GK got your face shape, as well... both of you are beauties, inside and out.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Blogging? What's blogging? What's the internet? Hahaha. I've missed you something fierce, been skimming every so often to see if you were back and have meant to email you several times, but, you know, life. Toddler. Hand Foot and Mouth. Family dramatics. The whole 9. Oi vey. But I love you guys and you've been on my mind more than any of you know. I'm happy to see you back and with such a beautiful picture - that hair is AMAZING. Seriously. And GK (and her mom!) have gotten more than just your chin. It's clear that the babe gene is strong in your family. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this picture so much! You sexy thang! Hugs ;o)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you. Thanks for taking the time to comment.