Thursday, September 24, 2015

More tests.............

I, still have results of some tests and an EKG and a biopsy to go before the middle of October. But I'm beginning to feel so rushed and pushed. Non of my results have come back as life threatening, yay, but my physicality is a real issue for my success coming out of the surgery that is planned.

I am a "large gal" according to the surgeon. Of course he is correct. I have what is commonly called, an emotional insulation package. I have for all of my life eaten my fears, problems, hurts. Thus I am way overweight. I had a therapist tell me that many people insulate themselves by overeating. I have dieted and lost a great deal of weight in the past and then found that weight back again. But this time it is a matter of survival.

I looked up my statistical chances at my current weight and age for survival of any surgery. 50/50. And since my tests results have been non cancerous but still noteworthy, I have decided to be a rebel and take the next 6 months to improve my odds. If I loose 40 lbs, the odds go up to 70/30. If I loose 70 lbs my odds go up to 90/10.
Sweet Man and I are entitled to a Silver Sneakers program through our insurance (now that we have insurance) and start our classes tonight. We began walking in the neighborhood 2 weeks ago and are up to 1.5 miles now. I am determined to make a difference in the outcome of the rest of my life.

Fat and sassy had it's place but now I choose to just be alive and sassy.

Just thought I'd share my choice.

Thanks for reading.

Oma Linda

14 comments:

  1. You'll do great Linda!
    Keep up the walking and if you drink soda stop ASAP.
    I'm rooting for you over here!!
    Big hugs ❤

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like you are making a sensible choice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am an emotional eater as well. I run to food when upset, happy, angry, you name it. Weight Watchers has helped me tremendously. One thing they have me doing is reaching for healthy snacks instead of the high calorie junk I used to reach for.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you, Oma Linda! Wishing you all the weight-loss success in the world!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm making similar changes. I wish us both luck.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The fact that SM is walking/working out with you is a big help. If you need a long distance workout buddy, I'm there because I need to drop the weight I regained while the broken bone in my foot was healing, plus the other extra baggage I'm carrying around. We can do this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are giving it a good try and who knows what other benefits will come along with your accomplished goal. I shall be motivated by your success.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You go, girl! The exercise will be good for you physically and mentally and for SM, too. Hopefully, the rest of your test results will be good and you will be sassin' for
    many, many years to come. (Love that GIF!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good for you cheeky gal! You are loved and needed , so walk away ...briskly, from the past..it's done...Love that gal who has loved everyone else, Now! Trick or Treat? How about Both! xoxoDebi

    ReplyDelete
  10. Know you can do it. You are motivated. This new effort will benefit you both. Funny, my doctor refers to me a "well nourished." Probably a bit nicer choice of words.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Linda, you brought a smile to my face...walk those miles...you inspire me...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good for you, Linda. I know you can do it. No doubt your wonderful family and friends (us included) are all rooting for you to stick around on this planet for a lot longer. And yay for SM for joining you. With both of you on board, it will be a lot easier to continue making wise choices. Here's to your good health, sweet lady!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good luck with the weight loss...and better luck with the surgery :D XXX

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you. Thanks for taking the time to comment.