Monday, September 21, 2015

You think you know what is and then......it changes....................

First let's talk about the Cuckoos of the Casa.


 We have, as you know, as many pets that live here as humans. We've GK's feline, Ms. Uma the black cat with the silver lining and she is the Alpha Cat and is the smallest. Then there is Princess Toadstool, Shelley's cat, whose name mutates as often as one of us calls her (Fatty, Chubs, Lovey, Biotch and then there is the ever poplular "kitty"). So long as you use the right tone of voice she will grace you with her presence, momentarily. And lastly in the feline department is Chandler, Channy Chan Chan, who is quite the charmer. He is huge compared with the other two and is the youngest.....still hasn't reached his full growth. He purrs the loudest, easiest and most sincerely. He is Ry's cat but is an equal opportunity lover.

 I have had the luxury of having the cats to myself when everyone else goes to their appointed places. That is until Joe's vacation in July and subsequent lay off.
Here are the three with SM

you can sorta see Chandler but the other two are ticked off

Channy is still uninterested by Ms. Uma I finally looking at the camera

The dogs are Jameson the rescue pitty from Las Cruces and Ellie Mae Scootles from the Navajo nation. They are best buds and are the best alert and early warning sirens in the neighborhood, excluding the yappy Chihuahuas next door. They are my constant companions wherever I am and I wish I could say they were well behaved but they are spoiled rotten and knows who is in charge and it's not the humans.....it's the cats.

The reason I mention the beasties this time is that I never thought I would ever get away with having this many animals. Sweet Man likes animals but never this many before but ever since the grands and Shelley moved in, he is much more understanding.....either that or at some point he threw up his hands and said "whatever".

Since he has been home looking for a job he has much more interaction with the beasties and the cats have decided he is a cat lover. Or rather he's available for cat loving. It's really funny to see how they make him pay attention to them. I just secretly laugh and watch from afar.

The other night as we were drifting off to sleep he mentioned that he thought maybe he liked cats better than dogs. Hmmmmmmm, animal magic. It musta been all that marking of him that the threesome did. Or they did a feline mind meld. He is putty in their paws.

Smooches and Squoozes, Oma Linda

11 comments:

  1. Animals have a way. We weren't the least interested in getting a dog and then Mis Minnie showed up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He needs his VERY OWN cat! What's one more, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have always said that cats are the perfect pet for men. They do think alike.
    Enjoyed seeing all of them on the cat condo. Mine refused to use the one I bought. It is now in the shed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Think Debra may be right, rescue kitty for Christmas! I was raised in a revolving/overlapping dog/turtle/rabbit/budgie family and it took years of work to convince Big F that the babes NEEDED a pet... Milo turns 11 in 2 weeks, and my constant companion, I am sure my girls only come back home to play with Milo the Wonderdog... Memphis and I discussed pets recently, I think she needs one, But still gets the benifit of Trinity's rescue kitty's (the girls live in the same house) and with Trin now studying vet nursing, methinks another stray or two may find their way into the home :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Think Debra may be right, rescue kitty for Christmas! I was raised in a revolving/overlapping dog/turtle/rabbit/budgie family and it took years of work to convince Big F that the babes NEEDED a pet... Milo turns 11 in 2 weeks, and my constant companion, I am sure my girls only come back home to play with Milo the Wonderdog... Memphis and I discussed pets recently, I think she needs one, But still gets the benifit of Trinity's rescue kitty's (the girls live in the same house) and with Trin now studying vet nursing, methinks another stray or two may find their way into the home :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have been absent for a while...sorry to hear Joe is looking for work...difficult...but it's nice that he decided he likes the cats...we are cutting down on our animals, and only have one cat at the house (except for the 3-legged one that comes and goes) and one at the barn...Seymore disappeared again the other day...hope he is okay wherever he is...

    ReplyDelete
  7. How sweet. Animals do have a way of sneaking into your heart.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cats know how to play we humans far more than dogs do.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fun to see these pictures of your family. They are endlessly entertaining. Your pets have the funnest names!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What beautiful fur family you have, and I love that they worked their magic on him and turned him. Love their names too!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you. Thanks for taking the time to comment.