Thursday, October 29, 2015

Inside the Casa for Halloween decorations..........................

The grands and I set up our Spirit tree three weeks ago. I fully expected that the new cat, Chandler would have the whole thing on the floor in a matter of hours. The other two cats, Uma and Princess Toadstool usually just play with the decorations on the bottom of whatever occasion tree we put up (Halloween, Christmas, Valentines, Spring, 4th of July) but this is Chandlers first adventure with any tree up, so I expected the worst from his crazy kitten self. But the only harm that has happened to the tree is that after I made the skirt to go around the base of the tree, he did a parlor trick and removed the skirt without disturbing the items that we placed on top of the skirt. Sort of like the old remove the tablecloth without disturbing the dish trick on a table. I found the tree skirt on my bed with a very smug looking grey tabby sitting on top of it, doing his best Cheshire Cat imitation. What a goof.

Never could get a photo of the whole tree but here are parts


All of the Halloween decorations are so very special to us. The grands change things up every year. It's nice seeing things put in different vignettes other than what I usually do with them. I love that it's a no holes barred think tank here. Ry set up the graveyard scene and told us a "tale" of the adventures of the zombies and ghouls on Halloween night. GK put some witch dolls I made, before she was even thought of, together in a witch collection.....and Ry told us a story about how the witches got their brooms from a store that sits atop a magic depot.....and then from their I got lost with his game references but he sure was adamant about how the magic seeped up from the depot and went into the brooms by osmosis. I've told you before and it is so true....he came to this realm to save us from ourselves, our inside, outside, upside down thinker extraordinaire.





Anyway, decorating was so much fun this year. Hope you've enjoyed seeing the inside of Casa de Cuckoo.

Happy Halloween,
Samhain Blessings,
Smooches and Squoozes,
Madame Oma, teller of tales and fortunes

12 comments:

  1. That's a whole lot of Halloweenery going on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's magic how the youngsters get us and I for one thrive on their " no hold bars" energy! Enjoy yet another Fabulously Fright filled weekend! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. it looks great as usual but oh the work involved and then you have to take it all down and put it away. I'll just enjoy other people's efforts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you all get involved and the story telling is a huge part. That creepy witch hand by the drink sign... would scare me for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So fun and vintage-y! Just what one might expect to find at the Casa! Aly will be coming tonight and we'll be putting the finishing touches on our decor. We don't do the front porch til Halloween morning (lots of Spanish moss and spider web), then we plug in the lights at dusk for the big reveal... our tradition, lol. Hope your weather holds out! Halloween Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have more Halloween spirit than anyone I know. What fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is so wonderful that your grands are close by to take part! Love your tree! The did a marvelous job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Halloween :o) Everything looks amazing! I love you and your family! Big Hugs and kisses :o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks great!!
    I love the tree:)
    thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The bright and happy is oozing beautiful from every bit of decoration. Love, love, love!

    Hope your Halloween was full of wonder and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What Stephen said.. for sure! I love the story of how Chandler removed the skirt.. hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  12. How did I miss this? What crazy wonderful decorations and stories, too!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you. Thanks for taking the time to comment.