Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Whew...........

So much has been going on behind the blog for over 6 months now. Good stuff, troubling stuff and regular stuff.

Let's begin with the troubling so it's out of the way. Since last March, in case you weren't around, I have been on high alert emotionally because of medical issues. I had never really worried about not being here in this life before. But six months is a long time to contemplate the possibility. It has worn me down, made the Cuckoos even more so and changed the way we live life.

This morning, I got the final test results and for all the worry I am at this point cancer free. I am truly blessed by the pieces that have fallen into place that led me to this spot in my life. Were it not for my husband, daughter, grands and all of you, my friends, I fear I would be in a looney bin. Support is essential to our existence and I am so appreciative for every card, note, pep talk, tears, love and some good old fashion "get over yourself", that I have received.

The fact that we have new insurance, I have a new primary care doctor who gets me (finally after all the other medical machines) and every single person I met in this process was "beguiled" by my outer calm and kindness. I tried to behave just like I wanted them to treat me and it worked, down to the last one.

I tried to hold up at home as well, but these lovies of mine could "feel" my fear and pain and rallied around me with humor, chiding and love. It's was a hard time met with good behavior and constant reminders that we love each other.

I can honestly say that I am not afraid of dying. It was the thoughts of what my family might have to face in the suspected diagnosis. I also can say that I was afraid of pain of the physical and emotional variety.

We have all been changed by this process. I am so glad that we have. All those lessons will not be lost on us and we will be the richer for the strain. And the wheel keeps on turning.



The best part, is the update on my vow to be more healthy. I have to date lost 13 lbs, don't have swollen ankles, sleep like a champ and my walks are really paying off. Sweet Man and I went to a gym today that I think we will like very much. They offer water aerobics, low impact (one of everything and a side order of something else) classes and all the cardio machines every invented. We are so excited to put on our workouts and go tomorrow.

But the real blessing part of all this, is you. The friends that I have never met (some exceptions) who have been there for and with me. I do so love you all. What you give, you receive, and I know you will all be further blessed by your kindnesses.

Smooches and Squoozes,
Oma Linda

17 comments:

  1. So glad to hear you're cancer free and pursuing a healthier life style, as am I although I'm not ready to talk about it. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've got me smiling from ear to ear, Linda. I am SO happy for your good results. Big hugs to you. Yay! :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am cheering! Great news and you are on the path to good health with your bestest friend!!! I am so pleased every one rallied around you and equally pleased it was a false positive...Lord, those doctors can be scary.

    Keep walking!!!! I think I may have found the weight you lost,

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so happy to hear that you had good results! Yay! And so happy for you and proud of you for making healthy changes.
    blessings
    ~*~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, this is the best of all possible news! So happy for you, Oma Linda, and for everyone at the Casa! This will be a Samhain to celebrate!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So very, very happy to hear good news! You have been very much on my mind and in my heart. Keep up the new routine... sounds like you're on the right track!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Told you someone was watching over you sweetheart, they know how much you mean to us all.
    Such good news, I would do a cartwheel for you but my back would never forgive me :o)
    Time to take a break from troubling things and enjoy yourselves...are you ready to play?
    Love you ever and always my Lindy Lou.
    Cee xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am most happy Linda, to read this letter and I can picture you smiling as you wrote it. I am truly happy to hear the results and how you have made some healthy changes for yourself and your family too. Keep doing what you are doing and I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers as well. Just the most lovely post to hear from you today dear. lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. BEST NEWS EVER! All of it - the clean bill of health and the part about having good insurance.
    Now, can you give me help with reducing swollen ankles?

    Let us know if you get to the part about looking forward to exercising. I still think that is a myth.

    ReplyDelete
  10. so glad it was only a scare but even that had a purpose...a healthier lifestyle.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Now dance under the stars every chance you get! You are in New Mexico after All!
    xoDebi

    ReplyDelete
  12. *is smiling contentedly as I enjoy your happiness* :) XXX

    ReplyDelete
  13. You go girl. Great news. Facing our mortality is terrifying but when we come out the other side---wow is it great. So happy your are taking positive steps to make the next 50 years easier for the both of you.
    I am so pleased you have a doc that "gets you." I found one of those also and it is so comforting. Keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is wonderful to read Linda..The waiting seems to be the hardest part.
    Now let yourself take a breath and let yourself believe that, yes, you are okay and yes, it's beautiful to be happy and healthy!
    Good for you on the weight-loss and getting yourself to the gym... getting your hubby fit in the process..it's a win win!
    Sleeping like a champ? there's nothing better than that...you don't know what a blessing it is until you can't:)
    congratulations..thank you for sharing all of this with us.It's great to know you're feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  15. YES!! This is the best news ever! And I'm rooting for you with the lifestyle change, it's hard but well worth it! Even if, like me, you muck it up from time to time. ;) Love you oma! xox

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you. Thanks for taking the time to comment.