Friday, November 27, 2015

This was a terrific Thanksgiving..................

No one here had to prepare the dinner, well except the employees of Boston Market, but we did the warm up. Clean up was a snap. Leftovers were terrific. I mean I got my traditional cold turkey with dressing and cranberry sauce with miracle whip and shredded lettuce sandwich with a side of sweet potatoes. Yum.

found on Pinterest
And more importantly the Cuckoos of the Casa had much to celebrate.

Sweet Man has a new job with Bernalillo County which starts on December 7. Yay. Making finding a job, his job for 4 months solid has come to an end (says no one ever at our house) but at least there will be no more quiet zone 24/7 in the living room. It was hard on all of us. We are all pleased that SM will be otherwise occupied for part of the day. And he will be back on track for being happy. But now it will be completely my duty to pick up the grands from school. Betcha I can handle that one though.

Shelley's new job is working out so well for her. She has paid holidays and weekends off. This was the first Halloween evening that she wasn't so exhausted from waiting tables all day and spent a great night with the grands. And Thanksgiving was a completely unheard of holiday for her because she had today off and we actually just played lazy family. She was thrilled.

RyLeigh loves his school, his mates and has come so far this year academically but the best part is that he is actually a 6th grade boy. Obnoxious, silly and full of himself. Makes us all proud and crazy. 

GK has brought her grades back up to all A's after a bit of a wake up call first semester. She has already been accepted into the staffing of the summer recreation program for the City of Albuq. She is so very excited to be able to work with special needs kiddos.

And this olde broad is celebrating the verdict on the health scare. I lost 31 lbs, but seem to have found 2 while nursing a knee injury after me and the elliptical had an encounter of the screaming kind. I'm beginning back to only water aerobics starting this next week with no machines for another 2 weeks. But hey 29 is not bad for a slacker like me. 

All of us are healthy, happy and blessed. No one can complain when they have all that going for them. We are truly thankful.

found on Pinterest
Our immediate plans are to go down south to the great little town of Belen (which means Bethlehem in Spanish) to their light parade tomorrow night. We'll pack in the Expedition and go park along the route, have our hot cocoa, popcorn, homemade cookies and enjoy a small town event. Looking forward to another Cuckoo night.

Sunday we will decorate our two big trees. The family one (we made all the trimmings) and the posh golden tree with glass, prisms and fru frus.  Then this week we will put up the outside lights and I'll decorate my gnome and elf tree (small one). I also plan on enjoying a week with my Sweet Man before he goes back to the land of the employed. 

Ms. Baggs will divulge her box opening at Ye Olde Crone's Gazette and I'll post a three part series, "How to cross the line and live to tell the tale" here. That and only one more present to finish and Bob is someone's uncle......as they say.

I hope you all enjoyed a time to give thanks and share love.

Smooches & Squoozes, 
Oma Linda

14 comments:

  1. Sounds like things are moving in the correct direction at the Cuckoo place...Great!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's lovely to hear that you have so much to be thankful for! Lovely family and a good health report, so wonderful. Plus, you've given me a little nudge toward planning some holiday decorating of our own. Peace to you all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to hear all the good news, especially about the employment in these unsettling times. Was the Belen parade fun? Do they still have the tradition of the Queen being a person who did charitable works during the year?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm happy for your Sweet Man and glad to hear Shelley's new job has a better pace too. And congrats on your weight loss -- I know that is so hard to do!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So happy to hear that things are well at the Casa! Things are well here too. You all stay happy and healthy!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all this beautiful, happy news! So thankful for your place on this strange and lovely earth.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Our boy once worked at Boston Market and now he won't eat dressing at Thanksgiving. I eat his share!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How amazingly wonderful!!!!

    I enjoy saying I knew it would all work out. I am so thrilled. Life is glorious at your house...a blessing long overdue!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can't have a better report than that!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You had me at Boston Market (oh, how I miss the yumminess).

    I'm so happy things are going so well, Oma love.

    Hugs and kisses ♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. yay!
    congrats to SM! and to you too for losing weight, I had to do that a couple years ago and i know that's difficult.you are awesome!
    Sounds like everything is going great for everyone!
    hugs to you all!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is such a beautiful warm comforting post and the positive vibe with jobs, work satisfaction, good health and good grades makes me happy too... I love that the support and love the cuckoos work at sharing with the entire nest has resulted in a happy healthy place for all to enjoy xox

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is such a beautiful warm comforting post and the positive vibe with jobs, work satisfaction, good health and good grades makes me happy too... I love that the support and love the cuckoos work at sharing with the entire nest has resulted in a happy healthy place for all to enjoy xox

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am so happy for all of you! Everything is working out so well! Yeppeee! Keep up losing your weight and taking care of yourself! So proud of you Oma Linda! Much love to all of you!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you. Thanks for taking the time to comment.