Monday, September 12, 2016

Oh my stars......................

Hello lovelies. How are each of you? "Healthy, wealthy and wise", I trust.

photo by Aaron J. Grohn
It has been a while since I came to you, and gave you part of me. I have no excuses nor shall I invent any. I just am happy to be here with you and to wish you, Good Day.

I have had such a wonderfully educational past few months. I have learned some valuable lessons in so many different avenues of life. I have made strides to take charge of me. And I have had fun and some tears, along the way. My life isn't much different than yours, I would guess. We share that essences of life as humans, but as my favorite uncle Alfonso used to say, "why bitch about life when not one else has suffered more or less than you and just understands when you say, your hanging in there?" If you are noticing a marked lessening of the sarcastic edge to this old bagg, well then you see the rough edges have been polished down with some very intense elbow grease. Oh I still speak fluent sarcasm, it's just I am in such a happy place that the smart assiness seems out of place.

I am blessed. Now if you had told me a few months ago that I would once again be level headed and able to see reality for what it is, I would have probably spun my head around spewing green pea soup and said, oh hah, but I am back to being, knock on wood, okay.

This has truly been the hardest journey, mentally, emotionally, physically and spiritually,  I have ever been on. Lost the map a couple of times, mislaid my glasses and couldn't see where I was going, metaphorically, but here at this rest stop, at this blessed moment in time,
I am on the correct road and all is well with my soul.

I don't like to make promises and then not be able to keep them, but I would like to say that I am going to try to share what is happening here at Casa de Cuckoo, with the minor and major players in the lovely soap opera we call house and home. I hope you'll still be out there cheering us on and that you'll let us know how you are doing.

So until next time, later this week, road map willing and the creek don't rise,

Smooches and Squoozes, Oma Linda


26 comments:

  1. Welcome back and glad to hear you're back on a somewhat even keel. Looking forward to seeing what the Cuckoos have been up to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda, gosh it seems like ions but then again maybe only awhile

      Delete
  2. I left you a comment earlier but it was devoured by the blogger gremlin..
    I'm very happy to see you post again,
    I'm looking forward to hearing about your journey as well as your everyday activities!
    Hugs and blessings❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are a dear to let me know you're out there cheering for me

      Delete
  3. It is getting to be my favorite time of year and it wouldn't be the same without a shout out from your part of the orb. So happy to hear from you again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was thinking about you this weekend as we gathered together our seasonal valuables. Your thankfulness jar was on the top of the box where we lovingly store them for our fall display. Thinking of you and your granddaughter. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you may have found some balance in your life...not an easy thing to do...smile and we all smile with you...huggs...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ms. Judy, balance is a very hard thing and I have a new hope

      Delete
  6. It's always good hearing from you and hearing how you're doing. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stephen, thanks for still being out here in bloggy land and the good wishes

      Delete
  7. Wonderful...just wonderful :D XXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gina, appreciate the vote of confidence, xoxo

      Delete
  8. Big hugs, Oma Linda! Welcome back! Lovely to know you're doing well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Deb....I'm really excited to be back to "normal", you know the setting on a dryer.

      Delete
  9. So Happy to read you once again! I think of you every time I need brown sugar! I use Wizard of Oz sugar bowl from my FAB giveaway gift Yes it moved safely and holds dear memories!
    How is the brat packet? xoxo. Sadly they are aging way past us! Hahahahah!
    Pish Posh, we are unique and we all find each each other eventually! Huge hugs! Party time very soooooon! xoxoDebi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh goodness Ms. Debi, the brat packet is gonna do me in with all there carrying ons. I'm so glad that WOZ is alive and well at your place. I have a feeling we shall all have to play again, come spring. xoxo

      Delete
  10. So glad you are hanging in there. You've been on my mind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sweet Gail.....don't give up on our phone friendship, I'll be there soon, honest. xoxo

      Delete
  11. Oma Linda!! I have missed you! So happy you are back! I know too well about this being your hardest journey! I think we took it together!! Love you! Always sending prayers your way! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My darling girl Stacy, thank you so much for reading me. Love you too. xoxo

      Delete
  12. Life is a really good teacher. Sometimes, she's even kind. And when she's not, well... we deal with that, too. I'm glad to know you've been finding not-so-rough patches... I live for those... and for the moments when my friends get to run in them, too.

    It's so good to read you, my Oma. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My dearest Magaly, it is good to be writing and being read. I realize that the number of icky posts have been plentiful as of late but I have a sense that with the eclipse and newness of the Harvest Moon, life will be much different. Fingers crossed

      Delete
  13. It's good to see you back. I was thinking about you the other day, actually. Glad you are doing okay.
    blessings
    ~*~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Laura, it's nice to hear I am thought of. And thank you for your blessings, always appreciate kindness. xoxo

      Delete

I love to hear from you. Thanks for taking the time to comment.