Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Hallowoonie do's here at Casa de Cuckoo.................


Having just gotten my energy back (a little bit at a time), I'm back to crafting, so I have been working on some projects.

I made this string art from old barn wood, the back seat springs from a 1930 something car my neighbor put out for the trash. I am going to do more to it with glass beads and bits but then I needed to get ready for Halloween.

Made these glass topped canning jar captured creatures. A witch with her familiar, a fairy with mushroom, and a lovely moldy dragon. I saw this idea at Pixie Hill Studios, the uber talented Nichola aka Knickertwist made these wonderful fairy jars and I just had to do some as well. Here is a link to her tutorial.



Then I reconstructed an old plastic collection doll that I found in a group of old new stock at a garage sale. I used to play with my sisters collection dolls and always thought they were so cool. So I recreated a Halloween doll that ultimately became the "Veil Keeper" for my entry into Ms. Magaly's Witches in Fiction 2016, spelling and healing into a rotting world. I asked my visitors to name the doll. They didn't know but I am in process with yet another of the "old stock" girls and have drawn a winner for my own giveaway. That announcement will be on Friday.


Google just died and wouldn't let me post any more photos. But I will live to fight the good fight tomorrow and finish this post.

Smooches and Squoozes, Oma Linda

10 comments:

  1. So exciting....those jarred creatures are spooktacular!!! :D XXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Google has been hard on me lately - won't let me post anything?? I do not know what is happening, so have to go research this. Hope you get my note. Great pre-ween blog post. cheers

    ReplyDelete
  3. Full steam ahead! Look at ALL the amazing creations! WOW! Beautiful Work indeed! Love the jars ❤️ Have a fabulous celebration! xoDebi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very creative and beautiful. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the craftsmanship and sense of whimsy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are all awesome! I love that doll.
    blessings
    ~*~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your muse makes me shiver with delight! Love, love, love everything! Especially the jars.

    ReplyDelete
  8. And Google needs a bit of a slap. Not cool at all.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh! Your creativity is inspiring! I was just looking at the spectacular haunted cupboard I received from you. It makes me smile so much! xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE your creations Oma Linda!! WOW!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you. Thanks for taking the time to comment.