Thursday, November 17, 2016

I really am a creature of habit............

Didn't used to be. I wouldn't know from one day to the next how my day would start or where it would end. But being the age I am now, I slow walk the morning in front of the computer every morning. I look to see who said what, how things are going and then if something has garnered my interest, I investigate.

This method has helped me help myself and my family. I do a lot of research, numerous sources and outside reading on many different subjects. Most of the time I'm looking for "things" that will help my family live our lives better, healthier, happier, with more smiles and better outlook on life.

this is not a photo I took but rather one I found on an image search, no name.....gorgeous
I got up this morning to start my day at my laptop in the cubby hole in the pantry which is now my computering area. I took off my "real" glasses and put on my computer glasses. I could not see the screen. It kinda scared me a bit. I took them off and inspected the glasses and discovered the reason I couldn't see. Dried tear drops. So many that the glass was slightly opaque.

I know I'm not the only one who finds "feels" on the internet and weeps. But lately, there have been so many more sad things to read. I try to skip the obvious ones that will make me angry or upset. But in general, I believe my mood, like so many others is more down than up.

I realize I am a enigma when it comes to what I say and what I do. I try to cheer people up most of the time or see the good in folks but am troubled and affected by the world surrounding me so very much. That too has changed with age. When I was young I considered myself a "ball buster", hard core, hard edged and ready to face what came my way. I was wild, spirited and full of it. Now I look back at those times and realize that I was brash, fool hearty and I sure am glad. I had a really good ride and had little to worry about. Now, well hell, you get it. Now I'm matured, measured, more in control but none the less a cry baby when it comes to reading, hearing or seeing any unkindness. I ache for those that are in pain, disenfranchised, abused, ignored, bullied or afraid.

Thus the no see computer glasses.

I also realize that I cry many more tears of anger, shame  and disappointment than pity or empathy lately. My favorite uncle used to call my condition, Old Eyes.

As to my last post, I must tell you that I posted my poxy picture so you could see how bad it had gotten back in July and then didn't explain. I apologize. I get ahead of myself a lot. That pox and the spider bite and many other ailments lead me to investigate many "could be" causes.

I found that I had a magnesium deficiency from the doctor and then went on to discover that I needed to do a liver cleanse with ACV, apple cider vinegar and raw honey and also knew I needed to cut out sugar and carbs. The magnesium oil that I use is a miracle cure and has helped with various skin, brain fog and muscle symptoms. No more leg cramps but I still had severe swelling in my feet and legs. Started the ACV and the swelling decreased immediately. I also am using essential oils for pain. That too has worked wonders.

Pain Gone
into 1 oz of carrier oil (I am using fractionated coconut oil) add:
2 drops peppermint
10 drops frankincense
10 drops lemongrass
4 drops oregano
2 drops lavender

I have also added these drops to a non scented lotion which is much easier to rub on. Although the role on bottle I have for the coconut version is handy to take in my purse for the just in case moments. I would never have thought that anything that smelled this good could take the pain out of my knee or back, but it sure does. However, I do smell like I've just had Italian food a lot.

1 tablespoon raw honey and 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar into 6 ounces of hot water every morning. No swelling and I can wear every pair of shoes I own. I must say that it is an acquired taste but when I saw the results, heck yeah I could down that cuppa first thing in the morning.

I use 4 drops of magnesium oil which can be bought at any health food or vitamin shop on my thighs every morning and night. No leg cramps, less stiffness. The only negative is at first the oil stings a little. Now my body is used to it and I don't feel it at all, except the joy of knowing I won't wake up with leg cramps.

That's my regime along with some white mulberry and gurnar for gobbling up the sugar in my blood so that my pancreas doesn't have to send out as much insulin. A few inches are missing in my middle which is excellent.

My goal was just to feel better, and live healthier. Nothing but natural healing now and I'm loving it.

So this is a follow up to last post and a cry baby's tale of tears.

Hope your weekend proves to be a great one,
Smooches and Squoozes, Oma Linda

6 comments:

  1. I can testify your recipe is working for me! I have used a little roll application of that on my back and my hands. At first I doubted the relief. Chalked it up to the power of suggestion. I am a hundred percent believer on that one. NOW, I need that fat eating recipe!!!

    I am so glad you are doing better and glad you shared your knowledge with me.

    I don't have much problems with tears. I've been told I am heartless. I may be.

    Blessings and thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I salute your efforts to live healthier. Nice job. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too suffer from foot and leg cramps and have upped my intake of magnesium. It really does help but then I tend to become lapse and the cramps are back again. I also use essential oils and Bach flower remedies. This aging process is no picnic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is a product here in Arkansas called Wax Worm (Waxwormsoy.com) that has those same ingredients. I had used it on occasional spider bites but maybe I should broaden my use of it. I too believe in natural. If it is power of suggestion, I don't care. What works, works. Hey, even placebos have a 15% cure rate:)) I have a friend who swears by ACV. Maybe I should give it a try also in a morning drink. Thanks for all the useful info.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good for you Oma Linda! I am so proud of you! I will have to try and share things with mom! Thank you! Keep being you!!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you. Thanks for taking the time to comment.