Monday, December 5, 2016

Happy Krampus Day.............

There are so many dates in December to observe celebrations. This is my first favorite date, Krampus Day. Followed tomorrow by St. Nicholas Day. Here's a link to explain the who, what and where of Krampus.

I love the idea of the equalizer for those of us who have not been able to keep it nice all year. If I had known about this celebration when Shelley was a youngster, I'm sure I would have tortured her with tales of the Krampus coming to visit her. On second thought maybe it's a good idea that I came to this wondrous creature later in life.

GK, Shelley and I are always in for a little dark, murky, fiendish celebrations but the guys in this house. Uh, not so much. Sweet Man's heritage is Austrian/Native Amercian/Hispanic. He's the one with the very colorful array of boogie man tales in his DNA. So for him to deny his Krampus/Shapeshifter/La Llorna & El Cucuey roots is sad. (As Sheldon from BBT would say, "Hulk, sad.) Yours truly has faeries, pixies, leprechauns and the only saving grace (tee hee) witches in my own heritage.

So we (the nasty girls) took up the art of inky celebrations. Unfortunately, we are not finished with our own dark, swarthy, switch toting, chain carrying, children snatching effigies at this time, so here are a few of the bazillion pins from my Pinterest board of this marvelous creepy hulk.


2sistersstudio
Sleep tight, don't let Krampus put you in a cage my sweeties. And Happy St. Nicholas Day (joy, joy, happy, happy) tomorrow.

Gotta get back to making the shopping list for all of the thousands of truffles of every flavor that Ms. Shelley is making for her office mates. Rum balls, Oreo truffles, Lemon, Orange, Lavender truffles, Gingerbread cheesecake balls, Peppermint Schnapps, Firewater, Baileys, Kahlua, Mexican Chocolate, Chocolate covered cherries, Pumpkin, Funfetti, Brownie, Red Velvet and Spice cake mix truffles, just to name the ones I can remember.

Needless to say, we'll be up to our eyeballs in rolling balls this week.

What have you got planned to do for the upcoming frivolities???????????

6 comments:

  1. Krampus picks up steam every year in North America as more and more people enjoy his dark take on Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is one scary looking fellow and I am sure would have scarred me for life. I think that little snitch, Elf on a shelf is a bit creepy:))

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll stick with "lumps of coal and bags of switches". That always kept me in line... I was a woosie. Oh, and now we need the recipe for Kahlua Truffles, plz and thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know I loves Krampus...didn't know he had an actual day lol :D XXX

    ReplyDelete
  5. What Gina said! Krampus is an awesome devil. I love the mythology and the wicked fun he promises (for those who behave) and I can't say that I'm all upset about what might happen to the mean ones--I suspect certain orange leader will get bloody bones this year.

    I've planned nothing for the holidays. I will play it by ear... since I have to be at the hospital almost every day this month. But don't panic, I'm getting better. They just want to keep an eye on my gut.

    Hugs and love, my sweet Oma Linda!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cool Krampus!!! I didn't know he had his own special day! This year, not too much going on in our home! I should come on over and help you with all those goodies your making! Lots of love Oma Linda!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you. Thanks for taking the time to comment.