Friday, December 30, 2016

Happy New Year.............

I'm not sure I have any words of wisdom to give to anyone. I really don't care for this time of year. All the fun stuff has already played out by this time. Halloween, Thanksgiving, Yule, Christmastide. New Year's has never really been my thing.



When I was younger, I'd spend the night reading or crafting, staying awake until the declaration of a new year was announced. Never ever went out to a big shindig, never wanted to be out there with all the crazies. I'm a hermit and New Year's eve tells that tale very well.

Good food, family close, and some games. This year the grands, Shelley and the Olde Folks will be doing that very thing. We will begin our Harry Potterathon at about 10 am and go through the next day. We got ourselves a family Yule present of Harry Potter trivia. So we will play that, make "crazy" sand with sand, cornstarch and a bit of water (no it doesn't take much to entertain the Cuckoos) and then make some salt crystal pendants.

GK of course has a want to party like her friends, but her current boy type friend is in Arizona for a concert and the rest of the nerd herd are scattered this holiday. Ry would much rather just be left to play some of the new games he got for Christmas but we'll make him stay with us for part of the fun. Shelley isn't going out this year, so it will all the Cuckoos and no visitors or extras this year.

If I get a chance on New Years Day, I'll read books I ordered myself.  I got both of Anne Hillerman's continuations of her father Tony Hillerman's Chee and Leaphorn books as well as a photography book of Hillerman's big Res.

So I hope you will do what brings you joy as you welcome the new year and my hope for you is happiness, health and security as we walk into 2017

7 comments:

  1. I think I would enjoy that party!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year but I'm afraid this coming year is going to be very tumultuous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best wishes to everyone at Casa de Cuckoo for a wonderful 2017! We're having a "games night" tonight with some friends, so pretty low key as well. Everyone will probably go home by 10:00 pm. We're too old to stay up to midnight now, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wishing all of you a splendid 2017. Enjoy the family time. I haven't partied for the New Year since I quit drinking.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Why didn't I think about a Harry Potterathon? I should've thought about a Harry Potterathon! I guess I have an entire year to make it up...

    Happy New Year, Oma love. Or, at least, as happy as this mess of an upcoming year will be. Like Ellen, I suspect strangeness (and not of the good kind).


    May we all be strong and find our way into a smile or thirteen.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy New Year Oma Linda! Wishing you and the family many blessings! I have to admit, ringing in the New Year, never has been a thing for me either. I might have went out 3 times in my life. Last night, I went to bed by 10:00pm! LOL! Sounds like you guys had a great time! Big Hugs to everyone! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm right there with you...was in bed by 10.30 lol. Hope your 2017 is eventful in all the right ways XXX

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you. Thanks for taking the time to comment.