Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Recipe for truffles ................

You asked and I am here to please.

There are many recipes for truffles. If you look on Pinterest you could just lose your mind. I found this recipe and am sticking with it for the "drinky" ones.

Have fun and enjoy.

Just make sure you store these in different containers or you might not like the Kaluha, tequila, rum balls.

Kaluha Cream Balls or Truffles

3 Cup Vanilla wafers; finely crushed
1 Cup Pecans; chopped
3/4 Cup Powdered sugar
1/2 Cup Kaluha Coffee liquor or any other booze
3 Tablespoons Light corn syrup
1- 1/2 Teaspoons Unsweetened cocoa or you can use white or dark melts to cover them.

Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix with a wooden spoon until well blended.

Allow to stand 5 minutes. Shape mixture into 1-inch balls. Roll
balls in powdered sugar (you can add some fine ground coffee also).

Allow to dry on wire rack 1 hour. Roll in powdered sugar again or powdered cocoa if desired or cover with chocolate.

Store in airtight
container between layers of wax paper.

This recipe also works with Bailey's Irish Cream, Fireball Whiskey (top with Red Hots), Spiced Rum, and last but not least, Tequila (add some lime zest and top them with sea salt.




6 comments:

  1. I think I'll skip the rest of the ingredients and just drink the Kahlua. Seems like less work that way, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Truffles are something I have difficulty turning down, and I think I gained a pound just reading your wonderful recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yikes, I do believe I have somehow made it 77 years and never tasted a truffle. Don't suppose they can be made without alcohol?

    ReplyDelete
  4. No, I've not drooled all over my keyboard. What makes you think that?

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you. Thanks for taking the time to comment.