Wow, 2020 has turned out to be like an episode of the Twilight Zone, with more twists than plot.
I've been scared, mad, hurt, disappointed, blessed, fulfilled, lonely, overwhelmed, busy, lazy, worn out, and that is how the see saw tips. I'm generally a hermit so the shelter in place has been a breeze.....uh, until it wasn't. Just like all the rest of you, I missed my family. We have attempted to visit and still be safe. At first doing drive by's for a short visit, then meeting somewhere and visit from our cars (more than 6 feet apart) and eventually we cheated and visited face to face. That has to change again because Corona Virus is making a comeback in NM too.
Our governor has been a rock star caretaker of all of the citizens of NM, but there are so many gathering in opposition to her orders (us included) and so many shopping when it isn't essential. There is nothing I need that badly. I have only been inside a store (health food store) once since the shut down. Worn a mask everytime I leave the house. But it's not enough.
Joe stayed home all of March, April and May. He travels the state (New Mexico) and it became evident that he would be required by his company to return to take care of his customers. During the shut down, he got so creative, I am so proud of him. He sold more online and on the phone than he had in the months leading up to the shut down. His company had him give a pep talk to the other outside sales people because he did 200% of his quota and needless to say, that's a big deal. So cool.
My lovely daughter Shelley, has gone to work, on the computer, for a mortgage company. Loves it. My "grand and glorious" son in law got a new job and he also is loving it. My youngest granddaughter Sydney will be getting her drivers license this week, my almost 6 ft tall grandson Ry has done really well on the Zoom school thing and is even more involved with his electronics, my soulmate grandchild GereaKaye is like her Oma, in that she has come up against the mental health wall and is finding her way in a neural typical world with new skills and new mental health protocols. Yay for help.
And here is the part where I say to you my lovelies......I confess to being a craft and fabric aholic. I have been sewing again, masks, market bags, curtains from strips of fabric and sari material....always the hippie. But I need to devest myself of said hoarder stash. So I am sending these items to others. Selling some, giving most away. But before I do, I will use the Halloween fabric for masks. If you would like a masks for Halloween, just let me know in the comments and I will be happy to get one to you. Since only friends can see this and I have most of your addresses.....let me know.
I've missed blogging. I hope you will comment and let me know if you have seen this.
Smooches and squoozes,
Love to you all, Oma Linda
Monday, June 29, 2020
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Oh my! It's soo wonderful to hear from you! Reading your blog post was like getting a letter from an old friend :). So glad you're safe & well & creating! I got a 2 wk visit from my dau & grand in May & don't know when I'll get to see them again. Otherwise, I am keeping myself to my self, too. As for a Halloween mask? Yes, please. I will gladly pay for it or at the very least, reimburse the shipping. We'll probably get cheated out of a proper Saturday Halloween because of Covid, but I'll try not to be too whiney. Hope you'll post again soon!
ReplyDeleteOh Beverly, I feel just awful that I haven't been here in 6 months. You are a wonderful person and I don't want to miss out on you. Sorry, think about you and your granddaughter every time I see my friendship tree.
DeleteSo wonderful to have a post from you again, Oma Linda! Thanks for the update on your doings and on how your family is doing. Sending everyone my best wishes and please, stay safe and covid-free!
ReplyDeleteOh, and if you want to send a fab Halloween mask across the Canadian border, I'll wear it with pride because it's from you!
ReplyDeleteHey, I am thrilled to here from you even if it is 6 months later. I haven't even looked at my blog since this last one, nor have I been on blogger so I'll go catch up with you. It would be my priveledge to fix you a mask. Send me your addy in Canada and I will have one in the mail by Valentoonie Day. Thanks xoxo Oma Linda
DeleteOh my it was wonderful to hear from you this morning and to get an update on the family. Ry almost 6 feet? Go on. So glad GK is doing OK and navigating this difficult world with some help. Joe has turned lemons into sweet lemonade. Well done.
ReplyDeleteSo glad NM is managing this crisis. We were in Arkansas but are now becoming one of the states with rising numbers.
Keep staying safe and same to your family.
Patti, I owe you an apology for not being around for the last 6 months. I hope to correct that soon. xoxo Oma Linda
Deletenice to hear from you again though we have had some contact outside the blog. glad to hear all your fam is doing well. being anti-social hermits as well, staying in hasn't been a hardship. I did finally break down and i hug my daughter and grandgirls the few times we get to visit.
ReplyDeleteI'm soooo happy to see you're back in blogland! I haven't been around much myself and still have yet to post, but I've been reading the ones I follow and trying to catch up. I'm glad you and your family are doing well amid all this craziness. I'd love one of your halloween masks and would be happy to pay you to make one for me. I've been wanting to make some but I don't know how to sew! :-)
ReplyDeleteblessings
~*~
Laura, I've been away from here for over 6 months but I would love to make you a mask for the spring. Let me know your addy PM me on hrpitame@gmail.com
DeleteLol..we live such mirrored lives. Nothing changed in our world...hubby still working more hours than he should, covering for all those being "shielded", I only went out for food shopping, and junior NEVER went out due to mental health issues(his help got cancelled with lockdown), But being a "happy crafter" we all have masks with butterflies and sensible tartan for work places lol...off to make some more shortly. Stay well XXX
ReplyDeleteHappy to hear you are surviving this unusual year and even thriving in ways. I too am working on reducing my stash. Feels good. Stay strong.
ReplyDeleteOma Linda, do you recall me? Penniwigs that was, and I have begun a new bloggie, would love to see you out and about again, and I am in New Mexico now, too! I missed blogging very much...let 2021 be the year of the bloggers' Renaissance! Holly/Penniwig/The Merry Olde Dame
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh......you were here and I wasn't and haven't been for over 6 months. What a delight to hear from you again. PM me at hrpitame @ gmail dot com. I'd love to play catch up and just tongue wag for a git. xoxo Oma Linda
ReplyDeleteOma Linda!!!! I am so happy you came by my blog! 2020, I was all over the place, but I'm doing well! So happy to read you! I'm sorry I missed this post last year! If you have any more masks, I would love to have one! Love you! Big Hugs! Please stay safe and well!
ReplyDeleteHey Oma Linda, I left you a message on your blog, I hope you got it! I love you! I am so happy you came by my blog! Please keep safe! Hugs and love to your family!
ReplyDelete