Sunday, January 11, 2015

Were you thinking of Celebrate Oz??????????

Me too. Can you believe that this will be year 5? Me either.

I've been pondering how we might play this year.

What we might share with each other and what that play might be.

Well.........I think I have hit upon a thought. The first year we just celebrated Oz itself.
The second year we did it again with what I referred to as Son of Celebrate Oz the sequel.
The third year we aLterREd Oz. (remember the donkeys of Oz?????)
And last year, we checked out the Hues of Oz. There were so many different colors of fun.

This year let us stand in the Shadow of Oz and tell the spooky ooky, oogley boogley truth of how Oz also has a not so shiney, can be scarey, tarnished or burnished effigy. In other words......scary, dark and dangerous Oz will be our theme this year.

So many of you have commented on the fact that Oz frightened you as a child. Be it the melting witch or the flying monkeys or any number of characters in the books. This is the inspiration for this years theme. I have always felt that Oz had not reveled all it's secrets. So this may be your chance to let us get a glimpse of your perception of what is hiding in the shadows.

Let us Celebrate the Shadow of Oz.

This means you can go dark, go wild, go underground, go whichever way you choose. Tell us how the books, or movies gave you a scare or a fright. Or maybe the shadow inspired you to tell of another part of Oz that the sun has not quite touched. Write, paint, draw, construct, design, or whatever it is that you would do to make The Shadow of Oz come alive on April 11.

The rules are simple as always.
Let me know that you would like to be a part of The Shadow of Oz in a comment on this post. Post the Celebrate Oz button on your blog so that your followers will know that you are participating and can link back to this page with the participants listed.

Be prepared to go live with your post on April 10, 2015 at 10:00pm, so that we will all be ready to party on April 11. After going live, come back here and add your blog link and let's see what comes out of the shadows.

If you decide you can't participate, just let me know. I'll put folks on our participants list all the way up to midnight on April 10. So this gives you lots of time, almost 3 months to prepare. And if on April 11 you do not post back to this blog post with your blog link, I will then know you aren't going to be playing and take you off of the list of participants. Also if you could keep your post up for at least the weekend, it takes that long to go to all the blogs and enjoy the party.

It is not necessary to have a giveaway but I know that so many of the participants and attendees from years past have loved the opportunity to win something special from the hosts.

Any questions or concerns please contact me. Afterall, I want everyone to understand what Celebrate Oz is and have a great time playing. I do hope you will participate.

So there you have it. Celebrate Oz 2015's theme is SHADOW OF OZ.


Here is the artwork for the button, courtesy of my very talented and generous friend Shelle of Sunshine Shelle. The WWotW never looked so wide eyed and ready to party.


41 comments:

  1. An interesting aspect of the Oz tale.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why not join us Stephen. Your writing is fabulous. I'd love to see what you would do with this subject. xoxo

      Delete
  2. I'm dancing wildly with pure happiness. When I saw this post, I squealed and told my Piano Man, "I'm so happy Oma is doing this. It tells my heart that nothing can get her down. She is all right. And if she isn't, then she'll kick and punch until the all rightness comes out of the shadows (of Oz).

    I'm in one million and thirteen times! I shall display the button proudly, and blabber about it soon. ♥

    Magaly Guerrero’s Pagan Culture: http://pagan-culture.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your name is numba 1 on my list and I am thrilled to be adding names to the fun. Thanks for all your positives. xoxo

      Delete
    2. My beloved Oma, I've changed blogs (I hope to be completely established by April). Please update my link: http://magalyguerrero.com/

      Many hugs and so much love! ♥

      Delete
  3. Has it been a year already?!! *gulp* I would love to participate again and I'm very excited about this year's 'Shadow of Oz' theme. The darker corners of Oz will be just my cup of tea. ;D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just realized I forgot to add my info. :)

      Little Gothic Horrors: http://littlegothichorrors.blogspot.com.au/

      Delete
    2. So excited that you'll be joining in the fun. Got you on the list and I thank you for signing up. xoxo

      Delete
  4. oooooow....squeeeeeee....has it been a year already since Glinda(the not so good) escaped my imagination?!!! I am "IN" with both wellies (better safe than sorry mwahahaha XXX
    http://daydreambeliever-gina.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, it will be a little longer than a year when we play. Glad your wellies are jumping in the puddle.....xoxo

      Delete
  5. Oz actually came out the year I was born so I was really young when we caught the later showing. It did scare me a lot and I had nightmares; I know, such a weenie. I know you love it and hope you all have a wonderful celebration. I'll have to pass.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think that's being a weiner and if you are then there is a whole package of us weenies with our teeth chattering. xoxo

      Delete
  6. Would love to play and would be glad to donate a give away prize .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sharon, how lovely to have you join us. I'll need some info so I can put you on the participants list. Thanks so much and welcome to the "shadow fun". xoxo

      Delete
  7. I look forward to the posts.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'll have to put my thinking cap on and see if anything percolates to the surface!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Having participated in several of your Oz celebrations and also having written Shadow Demon of Oz, I can't imagine not playing a role in this ghoulish celebration. I look forward to the blood, guts and gore of Oz.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. James, having the Royal Magician of Oz be part of the festivities will be an honor. Thank you for joining in the fun. xoxo

      Delete
  10. Okay! I have Shelli's wonderful button on my blog and I would LOVE to participate again this year Linda Oma! Thank you so much for the advanced alert! I appreciate that Tons !
    Now I have something to dream about when should be grown up! Thank you ! xoxo
    Debi

    ReplyDelete
  11. Whoops! Almost forgot....
    http://puddleduckgrange.blogspot.com
    xoDebi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Change of venue....www.easelandquill.blogspot.com. Thank you Linda! Can't wait!

      Delete
  12. Time for me to come out and play! Especially with such an awesome group! I learned of it through Magaly and also glad to find you! Hugs, Rasz! Oops...my blog http://raszart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome aboard. I know that you will add so much to the celebration. Thanks for joining in. xoxo Oma Linda

      Delete
  13. Hey Oma Linda ;o) I am in darling ;o) So happy Rasz is here ;o) She is a sweetheart ;o) Hugs ;o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Ms. Stacy.....I am delighted that you will be joining us on our adventure of Shadow of Oz.....makes me happy, happy, crow happy, Oma Linda

      Delete
  14. forgot to say Love Shelle's art!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shelle's art is a beautiful addition to Shadow of Oz....the most yummy part is that she gifted me the original art work, just cuz she loves me.....isn't that amazing????????????

      Delete
  15. Ooh! I think I'd like to play along too! LOL, now as to what exactly I'll do I'm not sure, but I have time to plan it out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. kestril....how wonderful that you are coming to play with us on April 11th. Thanks so very much for signing up. xoxo Oma Linda

      Delete
  16. Hmmmmmm...I am going to have to find my brain and do some serious Thinking on this one. The part of the movie that definitely scared me the Most was the shriveling and curling up of the Wicked Witch legs under Dorothy's house. Count me in again, Gnoma. I wouldn't miss it for the World!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Put me on the list too. I'm such a huge Oz junkie!

    ReplyDelete
  18. LOVE the theme! Please sign me up!
    http://hollyshorrorland.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Count me in, BB!!!! Yay!! I am excited, since I have had to step aside the last year (or 2?). ANd your theme is fabulous!!!! Oooooh what to do, what to do??!!??!! You are super to keep up the Oz-tradition-in-blogland!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. What????? I haven't said I'm coming, hey I'm in, don't get many invites to party! You are so kind Oma, your words, thank you, your parties have directly inspired my art (quite diverse, I just remembered my zombie Dorothy) I love the challenge and so sooooo excited to be part of the celebration :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. YAY YAY YAY!!!
    I can't sign up right now, depending on how March treats me, but if nothing else I will promote, spread the word and find a way to cheer everyone on!
    You have my wicked little heart beating much faster now.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I am so in I'm almost there ;) Off to post a side banner (if I remember how Oma) love to you and the cuckoos & so happy you chose my art for your button -LOVE LOVE!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I would love to play! This will be my first time, but I've enjoyed the last two parties! Couldn't resist the theme for this one...it's right up my whispery dark alley!
    www.cackleandhoot.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. So sad to see that I missed this! By one day too! I would have produced something to play if I had had a day to do it but alas I am a day late! Next year I will know to look for this event!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Here is my post for the Shadow of Ox blog party:
    http://penandfeather.blogspot.com/2015/04/shadows-of-oz-blog-party-post-little.html

    ReplyDelete
  26. So sorry I'm late xoxox
    http://sunshineshelles.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  27. This is the right post, my Memmy sorted it for me, sorry agin I think it may be before midnight in Alaska ;)
    http://sunshineshelles.blogspot.com.au/2015/04/shadow-of-oz.html

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you. Thanks for taking the time to comment.