Tuesday, August 17, 2010

And it just keeps on getting stranger and better..........

I am just a happy girl.

When I was a kid, I would have been upset if someone had thought I was strange. I would have been mortified to hear someone saying I was weird because I wanted to be "normal" and yet it was not to be.

Thanks goodness, a strange sense of humor and a wonderful set of circumstances that have allowed me to be a little.........different and not be upset by it. I love to shock, and tease, and be just a little off pudding. And all of you are out there shaking your collective heads saying "uh huh", and that makes me smile. My pleasure in friendship is to be a little strange and it has worked......I even have an award to prove it now.


My dear friend Donna http://sodarksocute.blogspot.com/ 
makes some of the most remarkable and awesomely dark doll art creations. I won a contest of hers not long ago and this is what we (me, GK & Ry) got from this generous and talented artist. I got a super skelly necklace...isn't it super? His name is Gruesome.
Gerea Kaye got her own special skelly necklace that she will not take off.

And Ry got the sweetest Monster of Muchness as he calls it. It's a little hard to see but Ry refused to not hold it for it's picture.
And now Donna has given me the "Strange men in pinstripe suits" award.
This is a real honor as only the strangest folks can be a recipient ;-)
The award originated with Cate Gardner who is celebrating the pre-release of her book, "Strange Men in Pinstripe Suits" and receiving this award also qualifies you for a contest with some pretty cool prizes.
To accept the award, however, you have to do some "strange" things--like, go forth and celebrate the strangeness of friends (and strangers, who are always allowed) by nominating seven blogs run by strange folks.

I had to think long and hard about the recepients of this award because....while you may all appear to be quite........normal...each of you has a quirk of two that makes your strange in wonderful ways. So here's my list of my strange friends.

Georgina at La Llorona Arts for more than obvious reasons, we are Vieja Locas together (crazy old women)...nuff said http://lloronaarts.blogspot.com/

Holly at Banner Haus News because she cracks me up every day, strange in a comforting kinda way.  http://bannerhaus.blogspot.com/

Cee at Wort Craft, I mean who calls their husband the Troll and lives on a mountaintop in Wales, one of my favorite human beings in the world that's who http://wortcraft.blogspot.com/

Misty at Wicked Soaps, I have never met a phenom before. She is amazing in her business saavy and creative process, to me strange to her, MONEY BABY http://wickedsoaps.blogspot.com/

Viv at Viv out on a Whim because she also is a success story super weight lose, cutest creations, great rapport with others) to me. And I want to be just like her when I grow up. Talented, damn cute and has lots of girlfriends, likes pink....that too is strange to me. http://vivs-whimsy.blogspot.com/

Patti at The New Sixty. When she tells a story, recalls a life incident, I am always wanting more. She is wonderful in her writing abilities and captures me. I have a short attention span so that is strange. http://thenewsixty.blogspot.com/

Gloria at Gloria's Blog Viva la Vida. I don't think I have ever met anyone, anywhere, at anytime in my life that was truly, genuinely as sweet as this woman. I don't think she has a mean thought in her mind. She is like a fresh breeze on a hot day and lovelies, in this day and age......that's strange and wonderful. http://glorv1.blogspot.com/

For all of you that I have tagged as being "strange". If you aren't feeling that vibe, hey that's okey fine by me. I just thought I'd let you know how I have "strange" feelings for each of you.

8 comments:

  1. That is a very cool little skeleton head necklace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why--thank you--I think?? First time I have thanked someone for thinking I am strange but the way you put it was a really nice compliment and I am quite flattered. How strange is that?
    I am honored to be in such grand company and will check out the other "strange ones". I'll also check out Cate Gardner's book.
    Thank you so much Linda and back at ya.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Linda. Very nice of you to think of me and very nice comments as well. I do appreciate it. I'll stop by the other blogs too. "Stranger's in the night" ta da da da da, la lalalala. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank'ee donkey fren!

    There will be a virtual cake given with this award, won't there? Got my heart set on gettin' a virtual cake!

    I'm just puzzled as to why you think I'm strange!!! Not.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome necklaces and Ry's monster is adorable (can you call a monster adorable?)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my deary me...would you be thinking that this old deary is a strange old wort?
    And after reading all of your workings, it was me who was feeling my little dear in New Mex was a strange bird indeed!
    But like those old wise folks do say..."Birds of a feather...are all as nutty as a squirrel's breakfast"
    Thank you kindly my lovely old bag!
    Are you popping round for a brew later?...I've put the kettle on...we can ditch the Troll...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've always embraced my strangeness, and now I'm being awarded for it! *wipes away tear* Linda, you old dirty dreaded hippie, you're the best ;-) Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, vieja, thank yeew!! I shall display it with pride!!! Can I give it back to you since you are one of the strangest people I know????? Oh well, I'm sure I'll find plenty on my list of bloggy friends. Poor Gloria, she's hardly strange, but then, she blogs with us, right??? Nuff said!! LOL

    Love ya y los cabritos te manda meeee besos,
    G

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you. Thanks for taking the time to comment.