Saturday, February 26, 2011

Countdown to OZ .....20 days

"A heart is not judged by how much you love; but by how much you are loved by others".
Well as promised here are some pictures of the OZ tree. But like most things in Casa de Cuckoo.....not exactly smoothly executed. Besides, how could I miss an opportunity to share some of the insanity of it all.
I have a notoriously rotten orange marmalade tabby manx cat named "Sunny Bunny Boo Boo head". He is like all adorable red haired boys with attitude....a brat at times, in his case, most of the time. He was rescued from the pound by some friends who ran a pet store. He was his mother's only living kitten. He had to be removed from the crate with the other kittens about his age (4-6 weeks) because he was playing "little bunny foo foo" on their heads. Sunny has been a bad ass from the get go. And that was part of the reason I fell in love/hate with him. He delights and annoys me every day of his life.

He has always liked to use artificial trees as dental floss. Never eats the tree, just cleans his teeth with the fluffy parts....or something. Anyway, this lovely, sparkly, shiny green tree is no exception. When I was ready to decorate it, I couldn't find the tree. I looked everywhere I could think of that I may have stashed it but it wasn't me who had hidden it. Sunny had taken it to enjoy it's fluffiness later.....under my daughter's bed. Probably told the little dog, Ellie Mae Scootles they could share it later.

He also likes to rearrange anything left on table tops and so he took the yarn I was going to use to string the yellow brick road and dropped it on the floor for Ellie Mae to make a yarn maze for me to spend an hour unraveling....cuz they like to keep me entertained.

Thought I put the tree, after completing the decorating, in a relatively safe place (ain't no such place in Casa de Cuckoo but I keep pretending). Well, this morning......the Cowardly Lion had joined the other wild beasts on the floor and I rescued him before the "beasts from hell" had their way with him. He is one lucky lion, no teeth marks, didn't break into pieces and Sunny didn't have a chance to find him a new hide away.

So before they have a chance for more customization of a beautiful tree.............
Happy Saturday my lovelies (or as we shall now call you.....my pretties).

9 comments:

  1. This is just tooooo kew-el, woman!! I think my daughter has those ornies...she was, or maybe still is, an Oz fan!!

    As for your Senor Gato, sounds like my late and wonderful, Tomas!! He too was a Tabby, but "rubio." No, he wasn't your typical blond either!! LOL Miss that cat and hoping he'll be in the front of that line when I come upon the bright light!!

    Have a great week!

    Loves ya,
    G

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...and your little dog too! giggle

    It is even more amazing than I imagined. It is so happy - YAY!

    I love, love, love the garland and the ruby slippers - it all goes so well together.

    You have some talent there missy. :)

    Now tell Bunny Boo Boo I said to Back off. lol

    [he's a cutie!]

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are one crazy lady! I really love that you do little trees for absolutely everything, it's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I lOVE it....I keep almost pushing the button to join in the fun...but I am afraid that my creativity is tapped out right now...but over the rainbow sounds like an awesome place to be....I can't wait to see what everyone does...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Ginger Cats, especially naughty ones, are a weakness of mine! Funny that I ended up with two brown tabbies. Hehe.

    I will never know how you find all of these lovely decorations, even if I live to be 100. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the yellow brick road garland--you are so very craftified!

    Cats; can't live with 'em, can't live without 'em.

    word vert: bellys. A wonderful bird is a pelican,
    His bill will hold more than his bellyscan.
    He can take in his beak
    Food enough for a week;
    But I'm damned if I see how the helican. (With apologies to Dixon Lanier Merritt)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the tree, the ornaments are wonderful. You animals sound like amusing little tykes, good thing you have patience with them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful tree Linda! I had 2 ginger orphan brothers saved from the Grrek wilderniss,but they live with my exboyfriend. I never saw them again for about 6 years now. I still miss them sooo much :-( In my hallway hangs a big picture of my cuties. I guess i never want other cats anymore cause they were the best!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL...You are so funny. I LOVE your Sunny Bunny Boo Boo head. A cat with that much energy and sense of humor must really keep you on your toes, your knees, your elbows, your head...

    Your tree is an absolute delight and those OZ figurines are so beautiful. Honestly, I am pea green with envy. Well, I'm off to see the wizard!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you. Thanks for taking the time to comment.